123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logitech Harmony remote (setup guide to replicate the Apple)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info here, Thanks!!!
I just picked up my second Harmony tonight - a 720. I have a 520 for the bedroom and love it. The 720 is similar, but with a color screen and a couple more activity buttons and more customizable. I should like it just as much.
Followed the original directions here and got everything to work except sleep. It just toggles between play and pause, but no sleep. But its now 1am and I've been up since 6am yesterday. I'm going to toggle myself to bed and put myself to sleep. Laughing I'll play with it more later.
ShaneHale

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Logitec has the Mini in their Database now... I was able to do it with the serial number.

-shane
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaneHale wrote:
I think Logitec has the Mini in their Database now... I was able to do it with the serial number.

-shane

Model# or serial#? That would be a heck of a lot of numbers for Logitech to keep track of if its the serial!
iRob

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaneHale wrote:

-shane

Shane must be talking about model number. Smile Shane, was your EyeTV recognized in the Logitech database? The last time I was trying to set up my remote, it wasn't either. Sad
  • Roku 2 XS
  • Samsung Blu Ray
  • Samsung TV
  • Logitech Squeezebox
  • iPad 2 - DVP Remote app, RedEye app, Plex app, Remote Buddy app, Apple Remote app, iPeng app
gaiserrc

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has the tv in the database althought it really is just the remote. So you can use it for both the mini and tv. The tv is under media pc. Cool
ShaneHale

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRob wrote:
ShaneHale wrote:

-shane

Shane must be talking about model number. Smile Shane, was your EyeTV recognized in the Logitech database? The last time I was trying to set up my remote, it wasn't either. Sad

Yea... sorry Model Number... EyeTV not yet... I may go through and just learn all the commands via remote.

- shane

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaneHale wrote:
iRob wrote:
ShaneHale wrote:

-shane

Yea... sorry Model Number... EyeTV not yet... I may go through and just learn all the commands via remote.

- shane

My EyeTV 610 was on their database. AFAIK it's using the same EyeTV remote as 500. I only needed to learn 2 buttons that were missing.

=)juha
notwist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Has anybody tried this while running Windows Media Center? Reply with quote

I tried to use my harmony with my Bootcamp installation running Windows Media Center, but it seems that the remote is unresponsive. Could it be that the remote only works under the OSX operating system?

Bert
ShaneHale

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AppleRemote does work with Windows, but in a limited capacity. Since Boot Camp 1.2, the remote would launch iTunes. You could then control system volume, play control, tracks etc. The IR sensor will only pick up these apple remote commands.

Because your using the harmony to replicate the apple remote, I assume these are the only commands that you will get to work. I have not seen anything about having the apple remote work with WMC. You may need to get an IR receiver to increase your harmony's abilities in WMC.

- shane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my Logitech going now, but had to learn most of the IR codes. Oh well.

Anyone know how to do a button hold for 3-4 seconds? According to the FAQ, I should be able to learn the IR in RAW mode and hold it for as long as I need. But when I do, it tells me that there's poor IR quality and I should try holding shorter times.

I'd like to use that for putting the Mini into sleep mode.
  • Roku 2 XS
  • Samsung Blu Ray
  • Samsung TV
  • Logitech Squeezebox
  • iPad 2 - DVP Remote app, RedEye app, Plex app, Remote Buddy app, Apple Remote app, iPeng app
ShaneHale

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I was trying to do the same thing. I never could get it to take anything for the 'long press'. I eventually gave up and had my logitech swap the inputs of my LCD and the mini falls to sleep at its own pace.

- shane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys able to set your inter-key delay small enough? For my Logitech, I can only go as low as 100ms and that's still waaaay too slow between button presses.

For instance, in either the EyeTV menu or the Front Row menu, if I press and hold the up or down arrows of my Logitech, it takes several seconds to get from the top to the bottom of a menu.

With the Apple Remote, I can get from top to bottom in under a second.

If I press any Logitech button repeatedly, I have to wait at least a second for them to register. It's way more than the 100ms that I've got it programmed for. Hmm.
  • Roku 2 XS
  • Samsung Blu Ray
  • Samsung TV
  • Logitech Squeezebox
iRob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Logitech Harmony remote (setup guide to replicate the Ap Reply with quote

JamesE wrote:
Now go to the "Learn a New Command" box again and type in "FastForward" and then click "Learn New Command". For this you need to learn the "NextTrack" command but, This time HOLD the key for about 2 seconds.

This is the part where I get consistently stuck. When I try to learn the press-and-hold key commands, I get this error from the Logitech app:

Quote:
poor infrared signal detected -- TRY AGAIN. Try holding the key for a shorter period of time

• Roku 2 XS
  • Samsung Blu Ray
  • Samsung TV
  • Logitech Squeezebox
iRob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this thread on the Logitech forums, and they recommend learning the Apple Remote IR as "raw format".

Trouble is, in my Harmony software, there is no option to learn as raw IR. Only buttons on the Learn IR page say nothing about raw or formats.
  • Roku 2 XS
  • Samsung Blu Ray
  • Samsung TV
  • Logitech Squeezebox
fpoil0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom right on the screen you've got a button called "customize" or something like that.

If you press it, you will have a new column on the Learn IR page with the raw format learnings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: