123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A little early but - whos planning on going to MacWorld 08?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Planning on going to MacWorld '08?
Definitely, I wouldn't miss it for anything
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
I don't know yet, its too early to say for sure
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
I'd love to, but can't because _____________
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
Nope, only geeks go to those things. Besides, I'll get all the info I need on 123macmini.com
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I said no. The cheapest tickets are $300.

Airline tickets or the Macworld passes?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
I said no. The cheapest tickets are $300.

Airline tickets or the Macworld passes?

Macworld. If you go to the website and click register is shows the prices.
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:

I think you missed the $25 one at the bottom. It's the basic pass, which gets you access to the Exhibit Hall, which honestly is the best part of Macworld.

I've been going to Macworld SF since 2000 (except 02, I think), and a few of those years, I've had employers pay for the nicer packages, which include some of the conferences, panels and classes. They're not worth the money at all. If you're a power user of any type, the presentations/classes/conferences barely scratch the surface of what you can do, or feel like thinly veiled sales pitches. Aside from Rob Griffiths of MacOSXhints.com's talk a few years ago, most of the extra stuff my employers paid for weren't worth the money.

I always spend the majority of my time on the exhibit hall floor, browsing through the vendors and developers booths. That's where the new products are, the new developments, and the chance to get hands on with it, and the people that create it.

Couple that with the fact that you don't even have to buy the $25 passes, because invariably a few sites always offer free passes about two months in advance (OWC and Peachpit offering them last year comes to mind), and it's a fairly inexpensive event. Of course, I was only traveling from 75 to 300 miles depending on where I lived, so travel expenses were minimal.
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:

I think you missed the $25 one at the bottom. It's the basic pass, which gets you access to the Exhibit Hall, which honestly is the best part of Macworld.

I've been going to Macworld SF since 2000 (except 02, I think), and a few of those years, I've had employers pay for the nicer packages, which include some of the conferences, panels and classes. They're not worth the money at all. If you're a power user of any type, the presentations/classes/conferences barely scratch the surface of what you can do, or feel like thinly veiled sales pitches. Aside from Rob Griffiths of MacOSXhints.com's talk a few years ago, most of the extra stuff my employers paid for weren't worth the money.

I always spend the majority of my time on the exhibit hall floor, browsing through the vendors and developers booths. That's where the new products are, the new developments, and the chance to get hands on with it, and the people that create it.

Couple that with the fact that you don't even have to buy the $25 passes, because invariably a few sites always offer free passes about two months in advance (OWC and Peachpit offering them last year comes to mind), and it's a fairly inexpensive event. Of course, I was only traveling from 75 to 300 miles depending on where I lived, so travel expenses were minimal.

Do they have prices up there yet or is that from last year? I don't see current prices and they haven't opened registration yet. but prices haven't changed much in a while I don't think. It doesn't matter to me though. I'm close enough that prices would have to be really high 4 me not 2 go.
Haa haa I'm sitting on BART right now thinking about riding up 2 MacWorld in January. I just secured that whole week off today, although I know I won't take the whole week off.
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'll answer my last post. Registration is now open for MacWorld '08 and all information is on the MacWorld Expo site.
robinscruffy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to but I live i crappy England so it's not like I can just pack up and go Sad
- iPod Touch 8GB

Visit www.thebigapples.net Very Happy Podcasts, Videos & more Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there. I'll probably get tickets when someone offers them for free. Usually OWC, Peachtree, and other groups offer freebies sometime in October. Since I'm in the Bay Area now, it's even easier to get there than it has been in the past.
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
I'll be there. I'll probably get tickets when someone offers them for free. Usually OWC, Peachtree, and other groups offer freebies sometime in October. Since I'm in the Bay Area now, it's even easier to get there than it has been in the past.

Yep. We should meet up @ BART or something since we're both in Fremont. Thats just a 2 block walk for me. Laughing
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaMini wrote:
Yep. We should meet up @ BART or something since we're both in Fremont. Thats just a 2 block walk for me. Laughing

You must be really close to me. I'm near Stevenson & Fremont Blvd.
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Macworld SF '08 courtesy of digg, but only until October 5th!!!

http://digg.com/apple/Macworld_2008_Registration_is_Now_Open_w_FREE_PASSES
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, sure not...wait on 123macmini!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: