123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple lowers price of 8GB iPhone to $399
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: OFF TOPIC Reply with quote

Our national governments really love to squeeze their nations' car owners, isn't it Johnnyboy? The other day I read about what Holland's government "catches" on gas-taxes, road taxes, taxes on service stations along the highways, taxes on the buying of the car (still 1/3 of the price in this country!!!!!!) and taxes on garage bills (prob. forgot a few!!). They use this money to do 'nice things for people', but the main thing preventing us to be in traffic jams are not covered. Not even 10% of the income out of carowners is used for improvement of the highway system. We here in The Netherlands for the biggest part still have an infrastructure from the 70 's of the last century (4 lane roads) while the traffic really needs 6 lane roads badly! I have been driving in the UK and know it is not as bad as in our country though I have stand in line around London quite often! The most part of highways in the US is just quiet (and I have been travelling several times from Michigan to Texas and Florida (and back) and California (LA/Palm Springs) and only around cities (Chicago/Atlanta) I've been in traffic jams. The last time though, it was during my vacation around small villages in Italy and from the Brenner pass in Austria to Lake Garda in Italy. Sometimes one like to own a helicopter! Considered to buying a computer, the costs of owning a car here, are incredible!
johnodd4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a iphone from the u.k

they are suppose to be under t-mobile or verizon from what i hear from the bbc news channel on my sattelite provider

what i found stupid is why should we pay 399.99 for a touch screen when we could just purchase a regular cell phone cheaper.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnodd4 wrote:
399.99 for a touch screen when we could just purchase a regular cell phone cheaper.

Because the iPhone is a heck of a lot more than a cell phone. It's way better than the smart phones. The touch is just the interface not the phone.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The multi-touch screen really enhances the user experience. Can you really out a price on that? I just know that I'm looking forward to having an iPhone down the road.
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: