123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Posts Video of September 2007 Special Event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Apple Posts Video of September 2007 Special Event Reply with quote

Apple Posts Video of September 2007 Special Event
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Posted by: Charles

Apple has posted a video of the special event that took place today in San Francisco. "Watch Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveil the new iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod shuffle, plus new features in iTunes. See the video-on-demand event right here, exclusively in QuickTime and MPEG-4," notes the company. The video runs approximately an hour and twenty-four minutes in length.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/748.html
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to sound like a broken record, but Apple needs to post these event videos in iTunes. It would be nice to watch them on a big screen with your Apple TV.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_tex wrote:
I hate to sound like a broken record, but Apple needs to post these event videos in iTunes. It would be nice to watch them on a big screen with your Apple TV.

Yah that would be nice. However if you have followed Apple for a few years you would be happy that you can watch the event at all the day of release, never mind within the first few hours. Things used to be pretty choppy and often the link/connection would just cut out.

I'm amazed that we can even view this stuff at home. I'm not picking on you Ben, but the younger generation is spoiled. People should go back to dial-up modems and telephone handsets with acoustic couplers for a while Smile
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
People should go back to dial-up modems and telephone handsets with acoustic couplers for a while Smile

No thanks. Been there, done that.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_tex wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
People should go back to dial-up modems and telephone handsets with acoustic couplers for a while Smile

I should have known by the Pacman Avatar Smile
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Yah that would be nice. However if you have followed Apple for a few years you would be happy that you can watch the event at all the day of release, never mind within the first few hours. Things used to be pretty choppy and often the link/connection would just cut out.

More than a few years ago, but less than a decade ago, you used to be able to watch the various Keynotes and other events streamed live over Quicktime. It was only about four or five years ago when Apple switched to a delayed streamed format.

But yeah, it was horribly choppy, blocky, and often dropped out. It wasn't a great experience, and I can understand why Apple stopped doing it.

From what I've heard, you can always go in to an Apple corporate store and watch the keynote or event live, but I have not confirmed that first hand.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
More than a few years ago, but less than a decade ago, you used to be able to watch the various Keynotes and other events streamed live over Quicktime. It was only about four or five years ago when Apple switched to a delayed streamed format.

But yeah, it was horribly choppy, blocky, and often dropped out. It wasn't a great experience, and I can understand why Apple stopped doing it.

But in the year 2007, does Apple have an excuse when iJustine can stream live video of coffee drinking and iPhone fondling using nothing more than a webcam and a laptop with wi-fi? Repeatedly clicking the refresh button on a web browser to see the latest text description of what's happening isn't very 21st century. We might as well have swapped our Minis for teletype machines.

Last edited by JohnnyBoy on Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was great when they streamed the events live. They also allowed ZDTV or Tech TV (forget what it was called at the time) to broadcast them live on TV. Now that was really great.
sbeker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_tex wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:

... and bought the t-shirt Embarassed
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
But in the year 2007, does Apple have an excuse when iJustine can stream live video of coffee drinking and iPhone fondling using nothing more than a webcam and a laptop with wi-fi? Repeatedly clicking the refresh button on a web browser to see the latest text description of what's happening isn't very 21st century. We might as well have swapped our Minis for teletype machines.

Agreed. Apple does need to return to streaming these live again.

However, iJustine is much easier on the eyes than his holiness, Steve Jobs, so I think I'd prefer stalk--- err, watching her 24/7, and save Steve for keynotes.
technologist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/s83522y/iphone/63827621b_1_ip.mp4

Don't right click and save as in FireFox---will not work. Make sure to open it in another window in the browser and just let it load and when it's done, just save it anywhere from the browser. For Safari users, copy the link and just paste it to the downloads window.
aj

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right click and save as in FireFox worked for me!

Great find!
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aj wrote:
Great find!

I second that! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: