123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Intros New Keyboards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might order the wired keyboard in a few weeks. It should be here in 2008 by then. As mentioned, the ships times are pretty far out. The early reviews have been pretty good, but I would still like to try one out in person first. I always seem to have a hard time adjusting to new keyboards.
iLife's a Bitch!
offa_broadway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frickin awesome. I love my MacBook's keyboard, and that's the exact same thing in desktop format. Dirt won't fall into it (and hence be seen through the plastic), the keys aren't mushy, and the thing is just sexy.

I'll be getting the wired one for my desktop setup (for plugging in when the MacBook is at my desk). I think the lack of a number pad on the wireless keyboard is silly, but that's me. I couldn't live without my number pad. All the numbers I enter are done on that, force of habit I guess.

MacBook Core2Duo 2.0/1Gb Superdrive
MacMini CoreDuo 1.66/Superdrive - Sold
Logitech Z4-i Sound System
iPod Nano 1Gb, Black
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will order one of these if we get a new TV for our basement. Then, I'll move my whole setup downstairs to the big screen.
DCGuy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get them in stores already???
gigaguy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the look but I'd want the wireless to use on my Mini hooked to a HDTV in the living room, but it does not look lap or casual-use friendly. You need to be able to handle it, grab it, pick it up and move it around without hitting keys. There is not much edge to grab and it looks like it would slide around on your lap. make sense?
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigaguy wrote:
I like the look but I'd want the wireless to use on my Mini hooked to a HDTV in the living room, but it does not look lap or casual-use friendly. You need to be able to handle it, grab it, pick it up and move it around without hitting keys. There is not much edge to grab and it looks like it would slide around on your lap. make sense?

I thought the wireless keyboard looked really good for this type of use (HTPC). With no number pad, it seems it will fit easily on your lap, and wont be off center.

I wonder what the battery life is on these?
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbstingray wrote:
curt wrote:
I bought the wireless board and iLife '08 today.

Could you by any chance post the dimensions of your new wireless wonder? Thanks!

-jb

I ordered mine online, so I don't have it yet. I called my local Apple store and they said that it wouldn't be in the store until September. But I did ask the sales representative about the size (didn't see it posted anywhere on Apple's site), and he said they were l12" wide by 6" deep.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyPod wrote:
Very sweet, I like how there is no number pad.

I hope Kensington brings out their wireless Ci70 for the Mac, that would be an awesome combination!

Actually it has BOTH Windows and Apple/Command keys + a eject especially for the Mac!

Last edited by James T Kirk on Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
jbstingray wrote:
curt wrote:
I bought the wireless board and iLife '08 today.

Could you by any chance post the dimensions of your new wireless wonder? Thanks!

-jb

I ordered mine online, so I don't have it yet. I called my local Apple store and they said that it wouldn't be in the store until September. But I did ask the sales representative about the size (didn't see it posted anywhere on Apple's site), and he said they were l12" wide by 6" deep.

Thanks! I read that they had delays so it looks like we are going to have to play the waiting game!

-jb
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavy_nutz wrote:
Looks amazing, I want one really bad, too bad I gotta wait for my current one to die

Need help killing your current one? Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, tonight (its 7+ hours ahead of American time here) I saw the new keyboard IRL, together with the new iMac. I had to admit, the keyboard is more impressive than the new iMac! The iMac is very bright and looks luxurious, but I think the old one did too. The keyboard though is incredible, so thin an small and I thought my Logitech S530 was flat! It looks out of this world. If they had the wireless in the same formfactor, or at least with the keypad included, I definately would order one! I don't want to go wired anymore, that time has been.
As said, the Kensington combo looks fine too....
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it and loved it. The only problem is, my keyboard is still in great shape. I kind of hope it breaks soon to give me a reason. Laughing
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_tex wrote:
I tried it and loved it. The only problem is, my keyboard is still in great shape. I kind of hope it breaks soon to give me a reason. Laughing

Just sell the old one! Mac stuff is still very popular! Wink
splen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked at my local reseller and they told me they are expecting to get them in early september. I am definitely getting one as I have hated the pro keyboard since day one (it's FAR too spongy feeling for me and seems to attract dirt no matter how careful I am!).
I can't decide whether to get the wired or wireless one though, I harly ever use the number pad as my mini is mainly for media stuff, but £50 is an awful lot just for a keyboard, even one which looks as good as this one!
new_mac_guy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: New Keyboard Reply with quote

Looks (key spacing) like the old Radio Shack Color Computer "Chicklet" keyboard that everyone was keen to replace with a more standard type board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: