123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miglia Intros MiniBank for Mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Miglia Intros MiniBank for Mac mini Reply with quote

Miglia Intros MiniBank for Mac mini
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Posted by: Glenn

Miglia today announced the availability of its MiniBank external hard drive for the Mac mini. According to the company, "the MiniBank has been designed from the ground up specifically for Mac users, delivering exceptionally high standards boasting the same material, finish and design as the Apple Mac mini." The MiniBank comes in 320GB and 500GB capacities and features a 7200 rpm hard drive, 3 Port FireWire and 3 USB 2.0 hub, fanless operation, and a 2-year warranty. It is priced at £119 ($242) for the 320GB model and £169 ($344) for the 500GB model.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/719.html
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks perfect--except for the big honking "Miglia" splattered across the front.

Is anyone ever going to get this right? All I want is an enclosure that looks exactly like a duplicate of the mini itself. How hard can that be?

Mad

Jamie
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the site, where a Miglia sits under a Airport Extreme and than they say:
Quote:
Why not create the perfect match by stacking MiniBank together with your Mac mini, as
both are identical in shape, size and finish

They did match with a real MacMini on page 2 though... Anyway this thing looks much like the Sabrent enclosure from some time ago...
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care for the big Miglia logo on the front either, but it does match up with their TV tuner for the Mac mini. They are fairly expensive too. I really think the LaCie mini is where it's at.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the G-drive's better Smile
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$344 for the 500GB is too steep. Considering places like costco has 1TB WD's for $344. Granted the western digitals don't match the mini's architecture.
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyMontana wrote:
$344 for the 500GB is too steep. Considering places like costco has 1TB WD's for $344. Granted the western digitals don't match the mini's architecture.

Tell me about it. I bought one about a month ago (the 1TB WD drive), and it's huge. I'd say it's almost twice as big as a Mac mini. And the noise from the two drives isn't what I would call "silent" either.

But what can you expect, two 3.5" drives do make a lot of vibration when spinning. I'll have to put it on something to reduce the vibration noise.

As an aside, I'll be getting the "new" Mac mini as soon as Leopard launches. In the meantime I ordered the new wired keyboard and iWork'08. Cool

Edit: yeah, what's with the huge brand name in the front of the product. I can understand on top or under it, but in front? At least they did match the power led color/size/location, unlike some other companies.
solomalee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But...the description does describe this unit as "fanless". As far as I have read, that is surely a significant benefit when compared to all the other expansions available on the market.

I read lots of stories about Lacie's being noisy (Particularly the 500Gb version).

I'd love to see a review of this soon, particularly from a noise aspect. I have ideas to hook one up along with an Airport Extreme and quietness is a major factor for me.
egg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the folks at Miglia (like the product manager) who should read this forum cause its been great for the year that I've been lurking...

Only comment - 100% agree on the logo. Miglia - you should have pride in making a product like the new MiniBank! Great show, esp the 'silent" features (hope it is really silent). BUT, don't have more pride than Apple...

Just check out any mini - the Apple logo is on TOP, not on the FRONT. Please remove the logo from the front to gain more sales! Smile

Thanks for the consideration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: