123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iphoto slideshows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philpro68

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Iphoto slideshows Reply with quote

Ok, I know how to create a slideshow, but how can I put it on CD and have it autoplay when someone pops it in? I read that you can go to the share thing and burn it in IDVD. I don't have the superdrive, so I can't burn it to DVD. I want anyone to be able to pop it in the computer (windows or Mac) and have it autoplay. Help! Confused
slickrick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very easy. Just go to Share and click export. It will save your slideshow in Quicktime. Most PC users have Quicktime. Very Happy
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autoplay is only for windows as it is an actual "brand" name. There are applications to create these on Windows, though none are free. I bet they don't make any that run on a Mac. I think you may just have to do what SlickRick said and just let them open it manually.
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
philpro68

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,
I did the export thing, and I can't email the slideshow. It comes up to be like 130MB!! how can you optimize the file size to email the slideshow?
Man this sure would be easier in Photoshop! Thanks for any help!
wasted

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: How many pictures do you have for the slideshow? Reply with quote

My whole iPhoto library is about 108MB or so and it has around 261 images. You might need to either:
a) wean your slideshow library down A LOT.
b) batch convert everything to a smaller resolution, size, and higher compression ratios. Note that these will likely affect picture quality for the end viewer
c) just burn the CD with the images on it and send it via the mail/post office if you want to keep the high quality images.

The size might be that large due to having the images in bitmap format instead of .jpg/.gif or similar compressed image format.
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philpro68 wrote:
Thanks guys,
I did the export thing, and I can't email the slideshow. It comes up to be like 130MB!! how can you optimize the file size to email the slideshow?
Man this sure would be easier in Photoshop! Thanks for any help!

I'm thinking you won't get it down to the 3-5Mb file size needed to email them to people. Just burn a CD and mail it, as that is by far the best bet. You won't need to deal with all that conversion or removing pictures from the slideshow. You could also just try zipping, tarring, or siting the file, though I couldn't see a file size decrease more than 10-20 Mb at best.
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
philpro68

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I will have to try the batch file option. This would be so much easier in photoshop if I had the mac version. Too bad that you can run Photoshop on both platforms from the same disc. Can't we all just get along?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: