123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

forcing 1280 x 720 on a mac mini.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warhorse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: forcing 1280 x 720 on a mac mini. Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I've just bought myself a new Toshiba 27WL55 LCD tv monitor, it's a lovely monitor but some people (myself included) are having trouble getting 1280 x 720 when using dvi, I can only get 1024 x 720 using my Mac Mini.
People have found that by getting the latest drivers for their video cards usually sorts out the problem so I tried downloading them from the Apple site but it didn't fix the problem. So basically, I know the monitor can display 1280 x 720 but is there a way of forcing the Mac Mini to use it?
Thanks,
warhorse
blackjaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i had that faulty westinghouse 17" widescreen it just went to that resolution automatically
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the resolution doesn't show up in system preferences > displays...try DisplayConfigX http://www.3dexpress.de/
warhorse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Devo, that done the trick and I'm now computing at 1280 x 720.
Cheers,
Warhorse Very Happy
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it worked out! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: