123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video cable for iPhone....???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac Migs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Video cable for iPhone....??? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the video cables made for the video iPods will work with the iPhone to hook it up to a tv to watch video...? I'm wondering about the video cable from Monster Cable in particular.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have seen, people have said that the iPhone just doesn't support video output - be it from the dock port or the headphone jack. I suppose you could give it a try, but I think you will be disappointed.

-jb
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mac Migs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbstingray wrote:
From what I have seen, people have said that the iPhone just doesn't support video output - be it from the dock port or the headphone jack. I suppose you could give it a try, but I think you will be disappointed.

-jb

JB... I was just checking out a couple of iPhone sites and it looks like you're right. I wonder if Apple is going to do anything about that. People are wondering if it's a hardware or software issue with the iPhone with not supporting the video cables that work with the iPod. I guess time will tell....
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully they let us output video... I like the idea of being able to pipe video from a phone and not an iPod.

Still, with the current AV cable Apple is selling, the jack doesn't fit - and no extender will get it to output video. That means if Apple does have a video output hidden in the jack, all of us with iPod AV Cables are basically done - hopefully it has to happen through the dock itself.

-jb
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mac Migs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbstingray wrote:
Hopefully they let us output video... I like the idea of being able to pipe video from a phone and not an iPod.

Still, with the current AV cable Apple is selling, the jack doesn't fit - and no extender will get it to output video. That means if Apple does have a video output hidden in the jack, all of us with iPod AV Cables are basically done - hopefully it has to happen through the dock itself.

-jb

Ya, I'm a little disappointed that Apple didn't offer video out right off the bat with the initial release. Don't get me wrong.. I love my iPhone. Just typical Apple... makin you pay extra for new accessories, not letting you use what's currently on the market.

Well.. I hope they offer video out soon...!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: