123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini Update Soon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:
Thinksecret is now reporting that the $699 Mini will be Superdrive, Bluetooth, and Airport. The $599 will come with BT and Airport, but no superdrive. No word on Processor, Video, or RAM.

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0507ibook2.html

Any chance they throw in a wireless keyboard and mouse? Very Happy

Last edited by curt on Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
bsnoel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
bsnoel wrote:
Thinksecret is now reporting that the $699 Mini will be Superdrive, Bluetooth, and Airport. The $599 will come with BT and Airport, but no superdrive. No word on Processor, Video, or RAM.

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0507ibook2.html

Any chance they throw in a wireless keyboard and mouse? Very Happy

IMHO, You really want to spend $29.00 for the Apple keyboard, its really nice. On the other hand, you can take the Apple mouse to the exterminator! I would use any decent PC mouse over the Apple mouse any day of the week. I wish Apple would give in and make a two-button mouse with a scroll wheel.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ain't going to happen, but how cool would a $699 mini be with all these features:

1.67GHz
100GB 5400RPM HD
512MB DDR333 SDRAM
64MB ATI Radeon 9600
Superdrive
Airport Extreme/Bluetooth built-in
Apple Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Razz
resuna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
What makes you say that? Apple knows they have to make the Mac mini Core Image capable. They have to do the same with the iBook.

Yah, though I think Radeon 9600 rather than nVidia Go5200. Why? Because that's what the eMac's upgraded to, and all Apple's chipset changes lately have been away from nVidia towards ATI... the only ones still using nVidia are the low-end Powerbooks.
resuna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:
You really want to spend $29.00 for the Apple keyboard, its really nice.

I'm doing some work for a guy, and he sprung for a mini and an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse.

He was really disappointed when I came in the next weekend carrying a used Dell USB keyboard and a Microsoft optical mouse and plugged them in.

Apple hasn't made a "really nice" keyboard since they came in beige.
Gmas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susurrus wrote:
devo wrote:
sth wrote:

Maybe they'll use the 7k60 by default for the $699 model. It's not that exepensive anymore since it's on the market for about two years now.

I'll have to look around and see the price difference between the 7k60 and the POS ones they got now. I haven't looked at drive prices in a while. The last time I looked they were around $190.

The 7k60 is about $130 depending on where you get it.

WHERE????!!!! PLEASE POST????

Thanks,
Gmas.
slickrick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resuna wrote:
bsnoel wrote:
You really want to spend $29.00 for the Apple keyboard, its really nice.

I'm doing some work for a guy, and he sprung for a mini and an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse.

He was really disappointed when I came in the next weekend carrying a used Dell USB keyboard and a Microsoft optical mouse and plugged them in.

I like the keyboard. The mouse is crap.
bsnoel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resuna wrote:

I guess that is a matter of personal taste. As for me, I think the Apple keyboard is excellent, both aesthetically and as far as touch and feel. Its not too firm or too mushy. I'm sorry, but beige or black just do not do it for me. I think most of us would agree, the mouse is nearly worthless.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Apple should update the mouse and stop worrying about the iBook and Mac mini. Laughing
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmas wrote:
Susurrus wrote:
The 7k60 is about $130 depending on where you get it.

WHERE????!!!! PLEASE POST????

Thanks,
Gmas.

Okay, I lied. I thought I say it that low, but that's the DVD-burner. They have this drive for $145 at CostCentral. I bought my wireless kit from them and it came through FedEx and the package was all beat up and cool stuff like that, so see if you can use UPS, but other than that, they seem pretty good.

I really do think they should have a scrollwheel mouse though. It's too useful to not be included with a computer. A one-button scrollwheel mouse would be ugly, so they just through in the extra button (with one from the scroll wheel) to make it look nice, like The Mouse BT. I think this would be a nice addition to Apple's product line. I'm not saying they need to ship the two-button scrollwheel mouse as the standard (though they should), but there should definitely be an option, even if it's not made by Apple.

I really think that Apple should start offering other keyboard options through its site, kinda like how Dell offers tons of options for its computers. I think it'd be nice to have more choice, though Apple and choice are pretty much mutually exclusive...
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
Caitlyn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: I JUST ORDERED IT! Reply with quote

I just ordered a 1.42GHz Mac Mini w/ BT and Wi-Fi. 80GB. Combo Drive. I ordered it on Wednesday. It is still being processed and the estimated shipping for even the base Mac Mini models with no extra stuff is 4-6 Business Days. If a new Mac Mini is released before mine is shipped, will they replace my Mini with a new one or no because it is configured?
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: I JUST ORDERED IT! Reply with quote

Caitlyn wrote:
I just ordered a 1.42GHz Mac Mini w/ BT and Wi-Fi. 80GB. Combo Drive. I ordered it on Wednesday. It is still being processed and the estimated shipping for even the base Mac Mini models with no extra stuff is 4-6 Business Days. If a new Mac Mini is released before mine is shipped, will they replace my Mini with a new one or no because it is configured?

I think that if Apple is considering replacing your model they contact you and ask you if that is alright because it normally takes a few extra days. I'm not positive on this, though, but I think I've heard someone say this happened to him. I would give it a probably.
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
WC3_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know about replacing it, but you can return it and get your money back and buy a new one (which is kinda the same thing).
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I JUST ORDERED IT! Reply with quote

Caitlyn wrote:
If a new Mac Mini is released before mine is shipped, will they replace my Mini with a new one or no because it is configured?

Have you received an email from them saying your order has been delayed? What does your order info say?
iLife's a Bitch!
Caitlyn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My order status is currently Processing Order. Estimated Ship Date 7-29-05
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: