123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhone Roundup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: iPhone Roundup Reply with quote

iPhone Roundup
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Posted by: Charles

We have been taking it a bit easy on the iPhone news, but I thought it would be a good idea to post a roundup after it launched. Here are some of the best reviews, picture galleries and videos that have been posted on the net over the last few days:

Read more

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/683.html
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good videos and photos. Thanks!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pogue video is an instant classic. Now this one is just harsh. Shocked
ArsenicPants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm so frickin' tired of the iPhone
castaway

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArsenicPants wrote:

I was getting tired of all the pre-release news, but now that it's out in the wild, I'm actually a little more interested.
khisayruou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArsenicPants wrote:

I was too, until I got to see it and use it in person. I want one so bad...so so bad.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just glad it was released. I'm sure it will still be a big news item, similar to iPods. At least we can now move on to some new product releases.

I'm sure the "now that the iPhone is released, what next" rumors will begin.

Last edited by Bandit Bill on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I'm sure the "now the the iPhone is released, what next" rumors will begin.

I'm almost positive this will happen. Now, hopefully Apple will focus more on their computers rather than the iPhone.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyPod wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
I'm sure the "now that the iPhone is released, what next" rumors will begin.

I'm almost positive this will happen. Now, hopefully Apple will focus more on their computers rather than the iPhone.

I'm sure we will start seeing 6th Gen iPod rumors, based on the iPhone, big time. It's sound like the iPhone makes a great iPod and it's only minor shortcomings are in the phone department.

I've been waiting for a 6th gen iPod for some time. I will by it day 1. I'm still using a monochrome 40 GB 4th gen.
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I'm sure we will start seeing 6th Gen iPod rumors, based on the iPhone, big time. It's sound like the iPhone makes a great iPod and it's only minor shortcomings are in the phone department.

I've been waiting for a 6th gen iPod for some time. I will by it day 1. I'm still using a monochrome 40 GB 4th gen.

Yeah, still a first generation iPod Mini user here too. I would really like to carry all my music in my pocket, so I might consider the 6G iPod.

I highly doubt Apple will drop the iPod, since it's still one of the most popular music players.
D444niel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant wait till this gets released in the uk. Im not going to be waiting a week outside the apple store to get mine first though ..

Too much spec to add here ....
johnodd4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: booo booo booo Reply with quote

I was excited when the iphone was going to be a cingular product. But now i have had the chance to try one out and im not happy.

Here is why.

1.At&t now requires the first month's payment of the apple iphones service contract add a additional 100.00 to the price tag.

2.Now after shelling out the 700.00 for the phone and the first months service plan your activation fee is 36.00.

3. Now after the 736.00 for the phone the service plan and the first months usage fee and the activation fee you cannot even get good quality phone calls to hear people all i am receiving is static and lots of it.

Now after watching my local news i found out im not the only person complaining about static. My t-mobile phone gives me no static. My verizon phone gives no static. Only the at&t apple iphone gives me static.
And according to komo news 4 that current at&t subscribers are not happy at all with the service and the static they are receiving.

So basiclly untill apple goes with a service provider that works im not interrested.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: booo booo booo Reply with quote

johnodd4 wrote:
So basiclly untill apple goes with a service provider that works im not interrested.

Verizon and T-Mobile have faster and perhaps better data networks, but they would be charging the about same amount for activation. As far as I'm concerned, that is not a valid point against buying the iPhone. By the way, I was on a friend's iPhone at work today and voice was as clear as a bell. But using Google maps and surfing on Safari was painfully slow. I would give AT&T a C+ grade for the service part. Apple on the other hand would get an A- for the iPhone. It's awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: