123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WOO
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: WOO Reply with quote

Ok figured someone should post so here's a post.
I was thinking about getting an iPhone for Christmas when my parents switch over and can get one with new contract for me to match my iMac if they switch them to Santa Rosa.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The announcements about battery life and the glass screen have me a little more interested. I might also be a buyer next year if the 6G iPod falls short of my expectations.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: iPod 6G Reply with quote

devo wrote:
The announcements about battery life and the glass screen have me a little more interested. I might also be a buyer next year if the 6G iPod falls short of my expectations.

the 6G iPods may be available in 100GB or 120GB flavors though, I would sacrifice a bit of thickness for a massive HDD great battery and decent size touch screen (4" or bigger).

Going to Missouri S&T!!
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely get an iPhone if they were carried with Verizon. I just don't think it's worth it to switch over to Cingular with a plan right now.

I'm excited for the 6G iPod, as I hope it carries large storage capacities.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: no chance of verizon Reply with quote

I really doubt that Verizon will ever carry the iPhone since it uses 3G so that way they can make one version for most of the world.

Going to Missouri S&T!!
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: no chance of verizon Reply with quote

dungeon92 wrote:
I really doubt that Verizon will ever carry the iPhone since it uses 3G so that way they can make one version for most of the world.

That may be true, but by that time I'm sure we'll be with another company.
dougied666

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched from Verizon to Cingular so I can be ready for the iPhone.

It's gonna be dope!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dougied666 wrote:
I switched from Verizon to Cingular so I can be ready for the iPhone.

It's gonna be dope!!

Lucky!

Are you gonna get one on June 29th?
willbowman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: iPhone!!! BOOYAH! Reply with quote

I envy all you sitting in America right now, you could go out tomorrow morning and buy yourself an iPhone and within ten minutes of poking around with it be having all sorts of fun.

And here I am in the UK making do with the adverts on the Apple website. Kinda dissapointing really. I mean okay Apple has to select one of the many European-wide telecom networks and then formulate a tariff with them, but that can't really take that long can it?

So far the rumours are that the iPhone could be coming out as early as September, which would be great because I could get one in time for the new academic year. Then again it could be coming out as late as November, which would be dull and I will have probably already have bought a new handset because my old Nokia is starting to decompose.

Also, why stick with the one network? It would appear that Vodafone is currently the favorite to win the contract, but to be frank their internet tariffs are cr*p. I'd rather take up contract with Three, who offer an unlimited surf tariff for £32 (I make that to be around $48 after all the tax has been converted).

Now that the winge is over...

BOOYAH iPHONE! Damn it looks good! Its like a pebble from the beach that somebody has encased in aluminium (aluminum for you Americans) and put up in the Tate as Art.

And it works too! The local Apple stockists have one that customers can look at. It doesn't actually work as a phone (no network here) but its connected to wi-fi so that the web still works. The Safri browser on it is just fantastic, and the poke-to-zoom feature is awesome!

Movie playback is a bit more like Front Row than iTunes, which suprised me a little, but its really easy to use, literally point at what you want and it'll do it.

I can't wait to see what applications the Developers come up with before the UK release.

Anyway, now that I have finnished blathering, you may continue.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a little on the fence on getting one. Though some news like this...
http://www.startribune.com/digitallife/story/1277552.html

..does have me more interested. Though it would add to my bill, it would be better than using EDGE all the time, when I'm not home.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good news. In Madison, I think they have Wi-Fi down-town.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyPod wrote:
That is good news. In Madison, I think they have Wi-Fi down-town.
No iPhone service in western Wisonsin though...
http://www.waow.com/News/index.php?ID=13221

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made a trip to the Apple store, I must say...I am very impressed with the iphone. The responsiveness is beyond my expectations! Looks like I might be getting one sometime this year when my current cell phone contract ends.
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing with it a bit today (someone at work has one), and it's phenomenal. Smooth fast UI, amazingly crisp display, and some neat features. Google Maps is awesome on the iPhone. It feels solidly built, but not heavy. And the glass does pick up fingerprints, but is easy to clean (much easier than plastic screens).

The owner's only complaint is that it doesn't do any spam filtering on the device, so if your email provider doesn't do much or any spam filtering on their end, you end up with a lot of spam in your inbox. Granted, however, he hasn't really read the manual, and I haven't had time to check to see if it has filtering somewhere on the device.

I don't think Apple's hit a home run with this, but they've definitely hit a triple.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khisayruou and ClunkClunk. What did you guys think about typing with the touchscreen?

Last edited by devo on Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: