123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where are the iPhone service plans?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Where are the iPhone service plans? Reply with quote

Have the prices and details about the iPhone service plans been announced at all? I can't believe that people will be waiting in line to buy one without a little awareness. It seems like Apple should at least let us know a few days in advance. I'm just trying to figure out of this is going to be feasible. Rolling Eyes
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the iPhone service plans? Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
Have the prices and details about the iPhone service plans been announced at all? I can't believe that people will be waiting in line to buy one without a little awareness. It seems like Apple should at least let us know a few days in advance. I'm just trying to figure out of this is going to be feasible. Rolling Eyes

Apple just puts out the phone, att has to do the plans and stuff
Top 25 Poster
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that AT&T is doing the service side, but it's not like they haven't been working together on this. They are both to blame. I just think they should have this info posted by now. What's to hide here? I'm almost thinking the plans are going to be overpriced and they don't want people figuring that into the price of a $600 phone yet. It could be a last minute surprise that benefits them.
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
I know that AT&T is doing the service side, but it's not like they haven't been working together on this. They are both to blame. I just think they should have this info posted by now. What's to hide here? I'm almost thinking the plans are going to be overpriced and they don't want people figuring that into the price of a $600 phone yet. It could be a last minute surprise that benefits them.

You can go to att's website and look at the data plans, one gets up to $100 a month.
Top 25 Poster
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you think the plans will be similar to their phone plans and then an extra plan for the iPhone? I notice they offer BlackBerry and PDA unlimited data plans for $45 a month. I have to admit that BlackBerry Curve is starting to grow on me too. Cool
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
So do you think the plans will be similar to their phone plans and then an extra plan for the iPhone? I notice they offer BlackBerry and PDA unlimited data plans for $45 a month. I have to admit that BlackBerry Curve is starting to grow on me too. Cool

I am willing to bet that people can just use the standard data plans but there will also be an iphone plan on the side
Top 25 Poster
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: even so Reply with quote

You will most likely still pay $600 for the phone on the spot since if any amount is taken off it'll be in mail-in rebates.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: even so Reply with quote

dungeon92 wrote:
You will most likely still pay $600 for the phone on the spot since if any amount is taken off it'll be in mail-in rebates.

Nobody is talking about getting a discount
Top 25 Poster
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: still only pay $600 Reply with quote

You will only pay $600 since activation comes on the first bill, so you will only pay $600 but then the bills come.

Going to Missouri S&T!!
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: still only pay $600 Reply with quote

dungeon92 wrote:
You will only pay $600 since activation comes on the first bill, so you will only pay $600 but then the bills come.

That has nothing to do with anything in this thread
Top 25 Poster
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think Apple has worked very closely with AT&T on the plans. They don't want a bunch of confusion. It will be your typical Apple buying experience, both easy and user friendly. I'm going to say a decent plan is going to cost you around $69-$89 a month for unlimited data and email. This will also include x amount of voice minutes.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, AT&T is one of the more expensive providers out there. I was hoping they would match T-Mobile's unlimited Sidekick plan at $30, but I don't think it will happen. I'm going to say $80-100 for voice and unlimited data. There was a report on CNBC the other week that said it would be around $100 too.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

Ben_tex wrote:
The problem is, AT&T is one of the more expensive providers out there. I was hoping they would match T-Mobile's unlimited Sidekick plan at $30, but I don't think it will happen. I'm going to say $80-100 for voice and unlimited data. There was a report on CNBC the other week that said it would be around $100 too.

The basic phone plans are around $40 for 900 minutes alone (at least on Newegg) then you have to add another so much depending on extras like unlimited data, txt &pics, etc. AT&T though is pretty good for network (only provider that works in my town flawlessly) so come this December my family may end up with AT&T (a few of our neighbors have from Verizon).

Going to Missouri S&T!!
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devo and Ben-tex were close.

I'll be getting an iPhone with the $80 dollar plan if I can drop my current contract. I think the plans are actually pretty reasonable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: