123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CenterStage 0.6.2 Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: CenterStage 0.6.2 Released Reply with quote

CenterStage 0.6.2 Released
Monday, June 11, 2007
Posted by: Charles

I chatted with David McLeod last night, the Graphic Design Manager over at the CenterStage project. He filled me in on CenterStage 0.6.2, the latest release of the project's media center software. According to David, "this substantial update should be considered our most fully functional and usable release to date. It is now a proper media center, allowing you to playback Movies, Music and view your Photos. The required framework is in place and the next step is to begin adding our proposed user interface." New features include support for VIDEO_TS folders (and mp4 containers), .mkv (via Perian 1.0), and translation of strings. It also includes numerous bug fixes and improvements. I would suggest that you Mac HTPC enthusiasts out there check out the latest release. It's a nice alternative to Front Row and MediaCentral.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/669.html
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be getting better, but I see no need to switch from MediaCentral.
hal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
It seems to be getting better, but I see no need to switch from MediaCentral.

Hi,

personally, I think mediacentral is missing a recording feature or am I wrong?

Centerstage is missing it too but its only an Alpha and its on the roadmap! Maybe MediaCentral is going to get that feature too. I think its the only thing thats missing.

And Apple should include it in FrontRow - more than publishing a beta software for windows that sucks Evil or Very Mad

hal
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hal wrote:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it includes some integration with their TubeStick tuner. I also saw something mentioned about a time shifting feature.
bulls96

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
hal wrote:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it includes some integration with their TubeStick tuner. I also saw something mentioned about a time shifting feature.

Yes one can record via the tube stick. Just check out their site equinux. Though i think it is more for the European crowd because of Digital TV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: