123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Source for Airport/Bluetooth kit...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

serpent wrote:
I bought my wifi/bt kit from local apple store for 99$ less 10% student discount(i brought my kid along). at first they said that they had to install it but I insisted that I didn't need them to do it plus I didn't have machine with me. So, $89.10 plus tax out the door.

Also why buy it preconfigured from apple with upgrades? when you can upgrade it yourself with much better equiptment for less money.

Serpent

Well, it doesn't cost extra for the installation of the BT/Airport kit when you get the Mini BTO. That's a reason alone right there. It would've been cheaper for me also as I had to order my kit from CostCentral due to their being no Apple store in Louisiana. For every other upgrade besides the CPU and the kit, though, I agree. Just do it yourself.
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
philpro68

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Great Source for Airport/Bluetooth kit... Reply with quote

jmatero wrote:
Hi all... I just wanted to post some info for all those who regret not getting the Airport/Bluetooth option. I ordered the Airport Extreme/Bluetooth kit (Apple Part Number M9870Z/A) from costcentral.com. They have over 50+ in stock, and only charge $93.16 (+ $10.00 FedEx Ground... other shipping options available).

I ordered it this afternoon and it's already scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! Not bad! The kid comes with everything needed... INCLUDING the mezzanine board, Airport card, Bluetooth module and antenas.

They were very friendly and had it at the lowest price I could find.... heck.. it's a STEAL considering Apple wants $99 for the Airport card ALONE usually.

Here's the link:

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Apple_Computer_MAC_MINI_AIRPORT_EXTREME_UPGRAD_KIT/M9870ZA/F98728/

enjoy!!!
Compusa said they have the kits for $100.00 and install for $30.00
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Great Source for Airport/Bluetooth kit... Reply with quote

philpro68 wrote:
jmatero wrote:
Hi all... I just wanted to post some info for all those who regret not getting the Airport/Bluetooth option. I ordered the Airport Extreme/Bluetooth kit (Apple Part Number M9870Z/A) from costcentral.com. They have over 50+ in stock, and only charge $93.16 (+ $10.00 FedEx Ground... other shipping options available).

I ordered it this afternoon and it's already scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! Not bad! The kid comes with everything needed... INCLUDING the mezzanine board, Airport card, Bluetooth module and antenas.

They were very friendly and had it at the lowest price I could find.... heck.. it's a STEAL considering Apple wants $99 for the Airport card ALONE usually.

Here's the link:

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Apple_Computer_MAC_MINI_AIRPORT_EXTREME_UPGRAD_KIT/M9870ZA/F98728/

enjoy!!!
Compusa said they have the kits for $100.00 and install for $30.00

Apple installs the kit for $99. I called the one near me in the Mall of America.
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: