123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sonnet Intros MacCuff mini Mounting System for Mac mini
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Sonnet Intros MacCuff mini Mounting System for Mac mini Reply with quote

Sonnet Intros MacCuff mini Mounting System for Mac mini
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Posted by: Brian

Sonnet Technologies today announced MacCuff mini, a back-of-monitor mounting system for the Apple Mac mini. MacCuff mini provides users with a practical way to mount their computer to the back of an LCD display (or under a desk or table) while retaining full access to all of its ports and optical disk slot.

According to the company, "Most LCD monitors have open VESA mounting holes on the back that provide an ideal spot to attach a MacCuff mini. Mounted securely on the back of a display, a Mac mini disappears. Sonnet helps cut the clutter by providing a 12-inch DVI-to-VGA monitor cable that connects the Mac mini to the monitor, without ever touching the desk. An included cable tie secures the power cable to the bracket to prevent accidental disconnects. MacCuff mini can just as easily be installed under a desk or shelf. Regardless the mounting method, MacCuff mini's open-frame design allows normal Wi-Fi and Bluetooth operation.

MacCuff mini is constructed of rugged steel, and its refined platinum finish with a durable plastic coating won't mar the computer's finish. Installation is easy. For back-of-monitor mounting, just locate the empty VESA mount screw holes on the back of the monitor, and then use the supplied machine screws to secure the MacCuff mini. For under-desk mounting, simply tape the included drill template to the surface, drill pilot holes, and attach the bracket using the supplied wood screws. Mac mini simply slides into the MacCuff mini."

The MacCuff mini is available now, and has a suggested retail price of $49.95.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/661.html
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that actually looks really cool. If I didnt have my tv mounted to the wall thats what i would get. looks nice and clean looking
Top 25 Poster
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool idea, but it's a little on the pricey side.
dirtychinchilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah I'd love one of those, I'd pay at most $40 for one though! But that's perfect for me coz my mini is taking up desk space that I wouldn't mind having (to keep the symmetry) and there's a big gap behind my monitor and the wall in which my mini could fit. Woah I want one! haha
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtychinchilla wrote:
Woah I'd love one of those, I'd pay at most $40 for one though! But that's perfect for me coz my mini is taking up desk space that I wouldn't mind having (to keep the symmetry) and there's a big gap behind my monitor and the wall in which my mini could fit. Woah I want one! haha

You could always buy a mount from another company and install your Mac mini under your desk. Wink
dirtychinchilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could, but I like the idea of it using wasted space behind my monitor Very Happy
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtychinchilla wrote:
I could, but I like the idea of it using wasted space behind my monitor Very Happy

Wouldn't that make it a bit hard to use CDs and DVDs?
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hide the Mini? Its such a cute good looking piece of art! I guess if the purpose was to gain deskspace and it was really needed than ok. But I actually like looking at and showing off my Mini. Right now its in htpc mode, so its kind of hidden there. But I can't wait until the Minis are updated (wishful thinking, maybe) or whatever else is going to happen and I get my hands on another one.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, but a design like this might actually be good for the next iMac. Have a removable headless system that connects to the back of Cinema display with a built-in iSight. A person could either use it with the Cinema or with another display. This would help eliminate the all-in-one factor that so many of us seem to hate.
LS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Just a thought, but a design like this might actually be good for the next iMac. Have a removable headless system that connects to the back of Cinema display with a built-in iSight. A person could either use it with the Cinema or with another display. This would help eliminate the all-in-one factor that so many of us seem to hate.

that is a great idea.
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

It would also allow people to separate the power of the computer from the size of the display. You wouldn't be forced to get a 24" screen to get the fastest CPU/GPU.
jjmac23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Check out MiniHitch - Original Mac Mini VESA Mount - Reply with quote

See MiniHitch, original Mac Mini VESA Mount from Compwave released over a year ago. http://www.compwave.com
dirtychinchilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Check out MiniHitch - Original Mac Mini VESA Mount - Reply with quote

jjmac23 wrote:
See MiniHitch, original Mac Mini VESA Mount from Compwave released over a year ago. http://www.compwave.com

Thats $5 cheaper and I like the design a bit more, but it doesn't come with that cable that the other comes with. And for $5 I'd prefer to get the other one. Who's going to see the design when it's behind your monitor anyway?
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

How about doing away with the iMac's all together, implementing iSights into all the ACD's, and offering higher-end mini's. Then simply allow folks to "roll their own" iMac's if they want? It would not happen...and I probably would not WANT to see that. But it would be one way to go. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMav wrote:
How about doing away with the iMac's all together, implementing iSights into all the ACD's, and offering higher-end mini's. Then simply allow folks to "roll their own" iMac's if they want? It would not happen...and I probably would not WANT to see that. But it would be one way to go. Smile

That's fine with me! Very Happy

It will never happen though. Not as long as Steve Jobs is still with the company. He would never let them EOL off his baby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: