123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dvd covers -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyle

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Dvd covers - Reply with quote

Alriight in my defense, I did search and found nothing. Laughing

Anyways, I have been ripping my movies to a hard drive so I am ready to enjoy the apple tv when it arrives. Now my problem is getting the cover "artwork". I would like to be able to scroll them like I do my music collection. How are you guys achieving this?
shorafix

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Dvd covers - Reply with quote

kyle wrote:
...Now my problem is getting the cover "artwork". I would like to be able to scroll them like I do my music collection. How are you guys achieving this?

Apple TV seems to use the title picture which you can set within quicktime player as you desire. So if you scan your DVD cover, convert it by Quicktime into mp4, then copy and paste it to your movie you can set it as title picture. (You would need Quicktime Pro or any other quicktime video editing software).
jimmieshear

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The step I use is to go to Amazon and copy their images or go to Wikipedia and copy the image there.

At Amazon or the internet movie db, I fill in actor information, as well as a brief about the show. Most of the information you put in will be visible when you use an Apple TV to view it. So far I have 200 movies on my MacMini all with their cover art, date, actor, brief, and director information input. Doesn't take very long to add it.

Would be great if someone could write up a script to add the cover art automatically.

I have to admit it looks really fantastic seeing the cover art from the DVD when you're selecting what movie to view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: