123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini Will Not Sleep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Mac Mini Will Not Sleep Reply with quote

So my mini has finally arrived and I am just having one problem. I have a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. When I try to sleep my mini it will sleep and then instantly turn back on. I think it is because my mouse and keyboard disconnect when the Bluetooth shuts off in the mini and an error message appears (saying my mouse and keyboard have been disconnected) that wakes it up. Anyone know how I can get my mini to sleep?
Thanks for the help!
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Mac Mini Will Not Sleep Reply with quote

Todd wrote:
So my mini has finally arrived and I am just having one problem. I have a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. When I try to sleep my mini it will sleep and then instantly turn back on. I think it is because my mouse and keyboard disconnect when the Bluetooth shuts off in the mini and an error message appears (saying my mouse and keyboard have been disconnected) that wakes it up. Anyone know how I can get my mini to sleep?
Thanks for the help!

If you have another KBM set, try to sleep it with that. If that works, then it definitely is your Microsoft KBM. See if there's updated software for your Mac from Microsoft.

What OS are you running?
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Mac Mini Will Not Sleep Reply with quote

[quote="Todd" Anyone know how I can get my mini to sleep?
[/quote]

Did you try singing it a lullaby? Mr. Green
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Mac Mini Will Not Sleep Reply with quote

Susurrus wrote:

If you have another KBM set, try to sleep it with that. If that works, then it definitely is your Microsoft KBM. See if there's updated software for your Mac from Microsoft.

What OS are you running?

Agree - look for newer drivers. What model is it?
Todd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mac Mini Will Not Sleep Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you try singing it a lullaby?

I don't think it would like my singing
Quote:

I plugged in a wired KBM set and it works.
Quote:

What OS are you running?

Tiger, and I just downloaded 10.4.2 and it still doesn't work.
Quote:
Agree - look for newer drivers. What model is it?

Yeah, I am still looking for drivers. Right now I don't have any installed, Tiger just recognized they keyboard and mouse and they work fine. It is the original Microsoft Optical Wireless Desktop for Bluetooth (not the one currently being sold).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: