123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funny videos I posted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dual G5 Fireman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Funny videos I posted Reply with quote

Hey all,
Any older Mac users will have probably seen these, but check them out - I posted them for switchers to get a laugh and see what they're (not) missing!
http://www.svcmulti.com/video_fun.html
slickrick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like see wedding videos? Confused
Dual G5 Fireman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: weird Reply with quote

Hmm, I tested it on three machines. Ok I re -did the plugin. Try it again would you? Thanks.
slickrick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked! Very Happy

Ballmer is lucky he met Bill Gates!
e3mw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... those video of that microsoft dude really make me wonder why I ever supported them by using their software... yeesh

The Will Ferrell ad is great.
30GB 5th Gen iPod | 512MB Shuffle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dual G5 Fireman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: hard to believe Reply with quote

I know, hard to believe, isn't it? When you compare them with Jobs at his Keynote speeches it's like night and day. Believe it or not, Steve Balmer, the guy in those first two videos, is the CEO of Microsoft.
e3mw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: hard to believe Reply with quote

Dual G5 Fireman wrote:
Believe it or not, Steve Balmer, the guy in those first two videos, is the CEO of Microsoft.

I think I'm supposed to know that... but what I didn't know is that he was such a freakshow, lol... wow, I'd have switched MUCH sooner if I had seen those speeches before now. Laughing

I don't know if anyone has seen the post yet but I put up a link to a rather humorous video Here:

http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1205
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ninjamini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was gonna flame you. For picking on Microsoft. I watched the blue screen of death on before, but I had not seen the steve balmer stuff. I knew he was a nut but wow he is really a nut.

Most CEOs are not spokesmen. Steve jobs is the rarity. Prob while steve makes such a good product. He is both a people person and a tech guy.

So after all that no flame. I want to see the other 3 will farrel promos. "eat and and poop it out..." funny stuff.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how Jobs can walk out onto a stage calm and composed and the crowd goes wild. Balmer tries to get the crowd going and get 1/10 of the excitement.
Dual G5 Fireman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: I can't believe it Reply with quote

I never thought I would be flamed for ragging on Microsoft on a Mac site. It's a sad day. There are many MS defenders on this site. Wait a year. You'll get it out of your system.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad, yes indeed.

I guess you'll have to go to a PowerMac site to find the fully brainwashed. Wink
Dual G5 Fireman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Microsoft culture Reply with quote

I think it has to do with Microsoft's culture. I know many people who prefer Windows, but I've never heard the words "I love Microsoft" said honestly. It's all about association for me. When I think of MS I think of the following:
Bland, business park color schemes
bland business parks
vanilla sex (missionary only)
suburbs where all houses look the same
WASPs
and just conformity in general
philpro68

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I can't believe it Reply with quote

Dual G5 Fireman wrote:
I never thought I would be flamed for ragging on Microsoft on a Mac site. It's a sad day. There are many MS defenders on this site. Wait a year. You'll get it out of your system.

Oh...My...Gosh! What a nut! I don't think anyone could defend Microsoft after those videos! You know the really sad thing for Microsoft? I have known the name, Steve Jobs for a long time, and I have never owned an Apple product, that is, prior to delivery sometime this week, and I couldn't have told you the name of the Microsoft CEO to save my life! After the chant I could...Nut Nut Nut Nut Nut Nut!!!! I was embarrassed for him and Microsoft
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=506354&page=1

I like this part the best!

JENNINGS: I've heard some people say that if they were graduating from science or technology today, they'd rather work for Jobs than Microsoft. Why do you think that might be true?

GATES: Well it's certainly not the case. You found a very unusual data point there. In terms of software that's going to change lives and the most interesting software work in the world we're able to attract the smartest people and believe me, that's something that we track very, very carefully. When it comes to having the best software people, that's been the key to our success.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
e3mw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: I can't believe it Reply with quote

philpro68 wrote:

I have never owned an Apple product, that is, prior to delivery sometime this week, and I couldn't have told you the name of the Microsoft CEO to save my life!

I am the same way.

It's interesting when you look at the inverse of your statement. You may not know the CEO of Micro$oft, but most everyone in the modern world knows who Bill Gates is. No matter who you are: Apple User, Windows User, or even people who don't use computers. We tend to recognize the founders of these companies (or in Jobb's case: "co-founder") more than the people who do the dirty work most of the time.

The diff. between Gates and Jobbs IMO is that Jobbs is able to see eye to eye with Apple customers. He knows what Apple customers want, and knows that many Apple users are strongly devoted fans of apple.

When Gates (or his PR operatives) give keynotes, it's very easy to see through their BS and see that all they are doing is trying to stay on top of the mass market with their new tools and fad-gadgets. PDA's Cell Phones, Video Game Consoles, Media Centers, etc. Muscling out smaller companies looking for a break in those areas. It's the wide-reaching aspects of Microsoft's greedy business practices that really tend to make me sick.

Just thought I'd throw in My 2 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: