123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

256 RAM? it's not enough, is it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if only my RAM and mini's would GET HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 256 RAM? it's not enough, is it? Reply with quote

53buick wrote:
aight, i ordered my mini on feb 7th.
here's what i ordered:
1.25 Ghz/40 gig harddrive/ airport card/ 256 mb of ram.

i was reading about bluetooth cause i didn't know anything about it and decided that i wanted to add that to my order. so i did that last night.

now i'm thinking i want to just go ahead and kick the ram up to 512.
my understanding is that you can't upgrade the ram without voiding the warranty?

so should i call and change the order AGAIN or just wait and upgrade it at my local mac authorized dealer. OR is it really a big deal to upgrade the ram? could i do it myself? I've upgraded ram in a ton of pc's, my emac, my iBook and i even replaced the harddrive in my dual usb iBook.

projected shipping is on or before march 10th and i can't stand the wait!

also why does adding 512 only cost $75

but 1 gig is $325 (shouldn't that be around $150?)

I have 512MB and that's good enough for what I need with my mini. You really need to upgrade from 256MB to make OSX to chug along. One of my fears is that new Mac users will blame the platform for being slow when in fact they only get the standard 256MB. With OS X that's just not enough and will not even be close to what you need for Tiger.

Good Luck!
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: