123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elgato Releases EyeTV 2.4 with Apple TV Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Elgato Releases EyeTV 2.4 with Apple TV Support Reply with quote

Elgato Releases EyeTV 2.4 with Apple TV Support
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Posted by: Brian

Elgato has released EyeTV 2.4, a free update to its award-winning EyeTV 2 software, which now includes one click export for Apple TV. The feature functions in the same way as EyeTV 2's easy iPod export button; simply select a video from the list of recordings and click the new Apple TV button in the menu bar. Alternatively, the export can be automated as part of the recording schedule. The EyeTV 2.4 update also offers numerous other important improvements and bug fixes including: support for satellite television services using TitanTV, the U.S.-bound channel information service used by EyeTV; more Program Guide features; support for Apple's Spotlight search technology; and more.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/636.html
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see them finally add the TV support. Heading off here to do some downloading and testing. Very Happy
iLife's a Bitch!
khisayruou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They added some of my requests...icon changes to denote its recording and the fullscreen option. The fullscreen option is not exactly how I imagined...it fullscreens into the menu, I would much rather fullscreen into live tv.

The controller went through a lot of changes, all of which I don't like, the close button is gone and your forced to use the shortcut or go into the menu.

Time for more testing!
CyNichols

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you guys explain how the export process to the Apple TV works? Does it take long to convert the video? I'm thinking about buying a Hybrid. I was going to buy one from Newegg tonight, but they are out of stock. They were selling them for $119. Does anyone know of a comparable deal?
yipikyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the full screen mode: do they put back the 30 second skip ?
I'm using an older version just because of that feature.

Thanks
khisayruou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yipikyer wrote:

No. The +/- controls the volume. The right/left buttons change the channel. Holding them down is fast forward/rewind. Menu button brings up Frontrow and holding it down brings up the eyetv menu.

Right now I have remote buddy putting back in the 30s skip function.
myminirocks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I have not had much luck with this release. I have been in ctc with elgato in regard to some issues with my diversity and they sent me this build to test. System wide I have had some pretty bad stability issues and spinning ball of death.

On the good side I love the fact that now if you turn the volume right the way up and keep going it turns the system volume up. This was always a problem for me switching from a movie/tv show in front row which may have needed the system volume to be turned down but then when I went back to TV the volume would be to low.

Also for any aussies out there, it does seem to help with ABC/ABC2 and SBS signal stability.

I have uninstalled it though because everything was suffing from slow down and freezing.

Looking forward to the next one.
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
MrMac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yipikyer wrote:
Thanks

Duration of skip forward/backward can be set in the preferences.
huspomike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: EyeTV 2.4 *might* have bugged out my video playback! Reply with quote

I updated from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9, and also took EyeTV from 2.33 to 2.4 in the same single move.

Bad plan. Sad

Since updating, my newly recorded EyeTV recordings play back with flawed, jaggy, and artifact-ridden video. The video playback, every 6 to 8 seconds, will freeze the image, then change to a pixellated picture, then rapidly catch up to itself with video from about 1.5 seconds later.

Strangely, if I close my eyes and listen, the continuity is just fine. Only the picture is flawed.

I have taken EyeTV back to 2.3, and will report on my results in a few hours. (I might have to also take the OS back to 10.4.6 or 10.4.8. Dunno)

MacMini Core Duo 1.83
EyeTV Hybrid
TV Crying or Very sad
huspomike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow-up to above:

Reverting EyeTV.app from 2.4 to 2.3 solved my video playback problems.

Back to the pristine, preferred recordings which I prefer.....
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: