123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV with iMac?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
papadopolis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: TV with iMac? Reply with quote

can you connect an TV to an iMac? my freind want to know. he has the current iMac and he was thinking about buying one for his iMac..... (i dont see what the point is) but he has a mini set up as a media thing for his movies on his 30 inch dell screen (i think its 30 inchs) and he has the iMac in his bedroom and he wants to put an apple TV there to get stuff from his mini to his iMac. so to use it as a very expensive external HD that he can use as an apple TV

power mac G3 300 MHz 512 MB RAM

iMac G3 500 MHz 1 GB RAM
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I completely understand your question, but the Apple TV will work with any computer (Mac or Windows) running iTunes 7.1.
papadopolis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i hook the tv to my iMac and veiw the TV on my friends iMac

power mac G3 300 MHz 512 MB RAM

iMac G3 500 MHz 1 GB RAM
shorafix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Not possible Reply with quote

The iMac does not have an Video Input for either HDMI, DVI or composite (where all video colors green, blue and red are being trasmitted by three seperated cables)*. I also don't know an USB product with the appropriate inputs. The only hack would be to open the iMac and somewhat figure out how to disconnect the display from the graphics board. Guess that's not exactly what you wanted to do Rolling Eyes

* specs of iMac look here:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304286
garty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: TV with iMac? Reply with quote

papadopolis wrote:
can you connect an TV to an iMac? my freind want to know. he has the current iMac and he was thinking about buying one for his iMac..... (i dont see what the point is) but he has a mini set up as a media thing for his movies on his 30 inch dell screen (i think its 30 inchs) and he has the iMac in his bedroom and he wants to put an apple TV there to get stuff from his mini to his iMac. so to use it as a very expensive external HD that he can use as an apple TV

If I'm reading this correctly all he has to do is run iTunes on the mini and FrontRow on the iMac then he can watch or listen to anything that is on the mini.

Don't need an apple tv for that.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: TV with iMac? Reply with quote

garty wrote:
Don't need an apple tv for that.

Nope. He just needs to enable iTunes sharing on his Mac mini.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: