123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will iMic work with the Mini and GB 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Will iMic work with the Mini and GB 2 Reply with quote

I was reading there are some problems with iMic/mini/GB 2 can anyone confirm this. What are some other options to get audio in?
numediaman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an iMic and it has been hit and miss. I have been able to get good quality sound into GB2 with my midi interface and my keyboard, but not the iMic -- levels running too high.

There are some who have speculated that there may be issues with the USB -- if this is true, then the issue extends to the FW, as well. For instance, a few people have reported that their printers will occasionally bug out forcing them to restart. I never experienced that until . . . a few minutes ago -- yuck. My issues that involve FW have to do with the fact that I can not burn anything with the internal burner that resides on my external hard drive -- yet I can burn from the external HD to the external burner!

Let's be clear, so far I have found work arounds for every issue -- but I must admit that I've had more issue with my mini than with any other new Mac (or pre-Mac) Apple computer I've ever owned.
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to buy some sort of USB/firewire breakout box. I want to use my Strapplecaster ie my real Strat with stickers from mini on the pickguard into my mini to use with GB. I was so exicted a few weeks ago when I read on Thinksecret that Apple may come out with one but it never panned out. I was thinking of buying an iMic butt heard there were some issues like the ones you tallked about.

I was looking at these.
http://www.dvforge.com/plug.shtml

Whatcha think?
What are you using the iMic for Mic or Guitar?
slade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmen65 wrote:

I was looking at these.
http://www.dvforge.com/plug.shtml

Will those fit in the Strat? I doesn't look like the plug is offset much. Do you record your own music or use loops?
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I record my own stuff but do use some of the drum and bass loops. I even attempt to do some singing. Shocked I only started playing the guitar about three years ago so I'm no pro. I called DVforge and got more information on these plug adapters. Some guy there said they would fit the Strat and was a musician himself. I think I'm going to order one next week.
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmen65 wrote:
I record my own stuff but do use some of the drum and bass loops. I even attempt to do some singing. Shocked I only started playing the guitar about three years ago so I'm no pro. I called DVforge and got more information on these plug adapters. Some guy there said they would fit the Strat and was a musician himself. I think I'm going to order one next week.

Let us know how it works out as I am thinking of purchasing one of these for my guitar as well!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmen65 wrote:

Cool I have a Ovation Legend and play around with GB all the time. Let me know how the works out for you. I'm looking around for something better than the iMic. I really want a powered breakout box but they are so expensive.
slade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xmen65

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2005/03/20050301111938.shtml

We can still dream!
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slade wrote:
Xmen65

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2005/03/20050301111938.shtml

We can still dream!

I saw that. It looks like Asteroid is why Apple is suing the rumor sites. So where there's heat ther may be fire.
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2005/03/20050304061219.shtml

I just hope they make it already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: