123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i have installed apple tv on my mini!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brobbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: i have installed apple tv on my mini! Reply with quote

any idea on how to play the music on the mini its installed on,i have like 2000 songs and trying to find a way to play them i a nightmare
garty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: i have installed apple tv on my mini! Reply with quote

brobbo wrote:
any idea on how to play the music on the mini its installed on,i have like 2000 songs and trying to find a way to play them i a nightmare

lol, yeah. Use FrontRow or iTunes. It's much easier that way! Very Happy

By the way, did you install it on another partition or external drive?
brobbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope i replaced the current front row
i just find it loads better just if i could play my music through it it would be great
Drgonzo2k2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I got it running on my iMac too! Unfortunately it doesn't appear to let me change the screen resolution and things are cut off on the right side of the screen. Then when I exit out of the app my screen resolution is changed to what atv thought it should be, and I have to reboot before I can change it. Other than that it runs great! Rolling Eyes

Did you download the version that you had to put in your coreservices? Mine is called "backrow" just like on the atv. I got it from that place we're not really supposed to talk about starts with a "d" ends with "oid" Is that the one you got? If not, where did you get it? How did you replace Front Row with it? The instructions for the one I got said to setup one account with itunes sharing to atv, and then use fast user switching to logon to another account and fire up backrow. Since my screen resolution was all borked I didn't try it, but that sounds like it should work. Shoot me a PM to discuss more if you'd like.
brobbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep i got the os from the "special place"! along other things,i found a tutorial on the insanely mac forums in the apple tv area. you remove a few things fromt he os image den backup the priginal front row them simply replace it with the patched one.pm me for details and ill sort you out the patched finder app which makes this all smooth transition,please bear in mind there is a few terminal bits you have to do but if you follow the tutorial you will have no worries
brobbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right here are the details:

the tutorial is over here:
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=46680

give us a email at brobbo@blueyonder.co.uk. and ill sort you out with the patched finder app.

cheers m8
brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: