123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple TV with CRT Loewe Credo TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
william1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Apple TV with CRT Loewe Credo TV Reply with quote

hey Guys,
does anyone know if Apple TV can work on CRT Loewe Credo TV with a VGA input, so far i have not been able to get my PRE front row Mac mini to work on the Tv at all, but I am wondering if the Apple TV will also, however if anyone knows how I can get the mini to work that would really help.

And yes i did purchase the VGA adaptor, but it still will not work at all. when I plug it in the screen loads up the apple logo perfectly then when the desktop comes on it justs flickers like a bugger.

Any thoughts

thanks
zydecogirl88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: VGA Loewe Reply with quote

I have a very similar quest. I have the core duo Mini (with Front Row) cabled to my Mitsubishi via VGA in NYC and it works fine even if I do not choose to use the Front Row interface. I have a Loewe Aconda (last of the HD CRTs?) at my FL home and am taking the mini and VGA cable there next weekend (3/30-4/5) to see whether/how it works. I think I will have to program the Loewe to use the VGA but I'm pretty optimistic. I'm thinking of two alternative approaches if it works. One is to order the Apple TV for FL but if there is going to be Mini coming out with Core 2 Duo (any rumors out there?) I might recycle the older mini for FL and get that. I really love the Mini with Home Theater (the only drawback is that you need the wireless keyboard and mouse) so if I can be patient, I will probably do the latter. I will post the results of my FL project. Smile [/i]
jeremyh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can tell, unless you have a HDMI or Component input on your TV, your out of luck. You could go HDMI to DVI to VGA (there may even be a combo adapter that does all that), but that's about it.
zydecogirl88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: VGA to TV Reply with quote

My Core duo Mini hooked up via VGA works fine (the Mini it came with the adapter) but haven't tried it with the Loewe yet. Don't see why it would not work via VGA with the Loewe but will soon find out. Are you refering to the Apple TV? I can't find antyhing about it and VGA.[/quote]
jeremyh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was referring to the Apple TV. It has no direct VGA support but there may be possibilities through a combinations of adapters/converters. Not sure if it's worth it though.
zydecogirl88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Apple TV Mini and VGA Reply with quote

I agree, it's not worth it. I'll go with the Mini when the time comes--I already have the wireless keyboard and mouse. There is a posting on the Apple Blog about cabling the Apple TV to older TVs but it is about how to do it with composite cales.

BTW some kind of small footprint BT keyboard sure would be nice.
I'll report in next week on the Mini CRT Loewe experiment.
Thanks for the info. Smile
zydecogirl88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Loewe TV and MiniMac Reply with quote

HI,

Anyone have an answer yet? I'm in FL now and the Mini isn't working with the Loewe yet. The DVD player was using the VGA so perhaps I need to reset the inputs? The TV seems to recognize the computer but it is all flickers and unreadable.

I'll keep trying. I can't figure out why it works with the Mits and not the Loewe. Confused
zydecogirl88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a lost cause. I could see that the Loewe was receiving the output from the Mini but it was a very bad picture. My best guess is it has something to do with the TV's refresh rate--or maybe it was some interlacing thing (something I hadn't thought about in years) or PAL instead of NTSB. At any rate is was not plug 'n play and I couldn't find a way to fiddle with the TV's monitor settings so I gave up. It worked fine with my LCD Runco. So I'll keep the Mini in NYC and get the Apple TV for FL and use the component & TOS link hook up.
Neutral
william1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for giving it a go, I did speak to a Loewe TECH over this last weekend and he assures me that it will work, but you have to set the refresh rate on the Mac mini first then start it up.
When I did try that it would not goto the refresh I had set then restarted, but having said that, when I start it up still the apple logo is perfect but then it flickers, pretty annoying stuff, I am gonna have 1 last push this weekend hopefully my wife wont divorce me for spending so much time on it.

Frankly with all this time I could just purchase the apple TV with the time spent trying to make it work.

Ill let everyone know once I have another go

cheers for everyones help , your all legends

best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: