123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple TV software on mac Mini?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kostroma2007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Apple TV software on mac Mini? Reply with quote

Hello,
I am wondering whether anyone has managed to download the Apple TV software/firmware and try to run it on a Mac Mini? Then our Mac Minis would have all the bells and whistles of Apple TV without the cost.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called Front Row! Wink

I think Front Row 2.0 will look like and include the same features as the Apple TV once it comes out. Running the Apple TV software on a Mac mini kind of seems pointless to me. No offense.
CyberGreg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's be very cool. What some don't know is all the eye candy with Core Image is just a prelude to what's going to be available with 10.5 Leopard. Just that 10.5 will be all that but on steroids!

If you haven't seen the photo screen saver on the Apple TV, check it out on youtube, it's friggin' sweet. Once again, these core image graphic "tricks" are just the tip to what Leopard will be capable of.

I've watched the developer video about the enhancements built into Leopard and all I can say is WOW1

Cool

1 This will blow Microsoft away!
MaDDuck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberGreg wrote:

Stop blowing Microsoft!
MaDDuck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaDDuck wrote:
CyberGreg wrote:

Stop blowing Microsoft!

Well I thought it was funny.......
Rolling Eyes
Livenstak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me of the same joke in Arrested Development, where there is a long lost 'sister' (who is actually a whore) and everybody (well, mainly the male characters) goes on how she has 'blown me', with Michael each time correcting 'away''.

I found it funny. Maybe we could start a poll somewhere ... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: