123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple releases iTunes 7.1 and QuickTime 7.1.5
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Apple releases iTunes 7.1 and QuickTime 7.1.5 Reply with quote

Apple releases iTunes 7.1 and QuickTime 7.1.5
Monday, March 5, 2007
Posted by: Charles

Apple has released iTunes 7.1 and QuickTime 7.1.5 via Mac OS X's Software Update utility and on the Web. According to the company, iTunes 7.1 allows you to enjoy your favorite iTunes movies, TV shows, music, and more from the comfort of your living room with Apple TV. iTunes 7.1 also supports a new full screen Cover Flow and improved sorting options to let you decide how iTunes should sort your favorite artists, albums, and songs. QuickTime 7.1.5 delivers numerous bug fixes and addresses critical security issues. This update is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/611.html

Last edited by admin on Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
JamesE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this update and the addition of fullscreen coverflow is nice but it is only usable with a keyboard or mouse, Using the remote will only move through tracks and not through albums. Also you can not go from fullscreen coverflow to FrontRow.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting update. It downloaded and installed. After restart it just sat at the blue screen with the swirling lines for almost twenty minutes. So I left it and went upstairs thinking it would eventually come around. An hour later, nope. So I turned the damn thing off and it started up fine.

(PPC 1.42GHz Mac Mini)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
Interesting update. It downloaded and installed. After restart it just sat at the blue screen with the swirling lines for almost twenty minutes. So I left it and went upstairs thinking it would eventually come around. An hour later, nope. So I turned the damn thing off and it started up fine.

(PPC 1.42GHz Mac Mini)

This is what I have to do with my mac mini everytime I want to shut it down or restart it. It really sucks, and I hope the next firmware update will fix it.
JamesE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How strange, I had no issues what so ever, restarted as quick as normal on Intel 1.66. I usually wait to see if others have had any problems first but I had done a full backup only an hour before so I wasn't worried.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems here either. I really like the full screen Cover Flow. Some of my album art looks pretty crappy though.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
(PPC 1.42GHz Mac Mini)

No problems with my 1.25GHz PPC. In fact, the restart was rather fast. I have a feeling you have some other stuff going on. Have you repaired your permissions lately? Have any funky login items?
iLife's a Bitch!
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
Have you repaired your permissions lately? Have any funky login items?
Regular maintenance is done to my Mac via Onyx. Permissions are always repaired before and after an install. Nothing else was running or was I doing anything while downloading/installing (I've learned that lesson). All works fine after I turned it off and then back on.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed that the Cover Flow left and right arrows and volume control are blurry in full screen mode? The arrows also become blurry in the regular Cover Flow window (back in iTunes) after you switch out of full screen mode. I need to resize the window for them to sharpen up. It seems buggy. I'm running a 20" ACD at native 1680 x 1050.

I also wouldn't mind seeing that User's Guide in Apple TV Help. Nice tease Apple! Wink
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the Cover Flow left and right arrows and volume control are blurry in full screen mode? The arrows also become blurry in the regular Cover Flow window (back in iTunes) after you switch out of full screen mode. I need to resize the window for them to sharpen up. It seems buggy. I'm running a 20" ACD at native 1680 x 1050.

I also wouldn't mind seeing that User's Guide in Apple TV Help. Nice tease Apple! Wink

Mine did this before the update. It wasn't a big deal, but when you notice it it's quite annoying.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full screen Cover Flow is cool, but it seems kind of useless when you have something like Front Row on the same machine. But I guess it's ok if you just want to see album art from across the room. I think it would be neat if Apple would release a pumped up version of Cover Flow like what's on the iPhone. I'm talking about how you can flip the albums and browse the songs on the back.
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem here, both updates installed in the usual time, etc.

Quicktime Pro now has a "Movie to Apple TV" export choice. There's no options/settings offered for that format.

Last edited by Yvan256 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Greentimbers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both updates installed fine on my machines.

Folding on a Intel Mini
ArsenicPants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iTunes is still doing that blurring thing with the coverflow sliders
myminirocks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like the full screen coverflow but second the request for fliping the cover to show the tracks like the iphone.

Hey has anyone noticed that since this update when you leave front row itunes is the front most app? Annoying because i have to get up and select eyetv again before I can watch eyetv even thogh eyetv is just sitting there n the background. oh well here to hoping 7.1.1 will fix that Smile
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: