123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Site: (Other than 123MM)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite out of these sites:
Digg
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
apple
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
ebay
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
google
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Other
62%
 62%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 43

Author Message
nanomano
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 29
Location: Nevada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube, CNET, Engadget and iLounge are some of my favorites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mr_ben
Member
Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 76
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

other(s) for me

honda-tech.com
wikipedia
errr that's it that are my fave that I visit often
_________________
1.42Ghz 1Gb upgrade Mini - loving it!1 Very Happy
2.16Ghz 2Gb upgrade MacBook

Oh dear I'm hooked haha Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 2869
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are others I like to check occasionally, but they aren't 123macmini friendly! Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jordz84
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 282
Location: adelaide, australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im with splen here,, wikipedia has proven to be a growing addiction Very Happy

following closely behind are designerstalk.com metacritic.com last.fm and pandora.com
_________________
20" iMac 1.8/160/1G
15" Powerbook 1.5/80/1.25G
320gb LaCie Brick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jordz84
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 282
Location: adelaide, australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
There are others I like to check occasionally, but they aren't 123macmini friendly! Laughing

ha! yeah, watch out for the designerstalk link above. tsk tsk they need a cyber swear jar
_________________
20" iMac 1.8/160/1G
15" Powerbook 1.5/80/1.25G
320gb LaCie Brick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 2869
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordz84 wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
There are others I like to check occasionally, but they aren't 123macmini friendly! Laughing

ha! yeah, watch out for the designerstalk link above. tsk tsk they need a cyber swear jar
I was thinking more in the visual stimulation department Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jordz84
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 282
Location: adelaide, australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsk tsk *hangs head in shame*
_________________
20" iMac 1.8/160/1G
15" Powerbook 1.5/80/1.25G
320gb LaCie Brick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 2869
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordz84 wrote:
tsk tsk *hangs head in shame*
There is nothing wrong with it. Most people don't have an open mind about it! After all, it is an act of nature.. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 5986
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordz84 wrote:
im with splen here,, wikipedia has proven to be a growing addiction Very Happy

following closely behind are designerstalk.com metacritic.com last.fm and pandora.com


I never purposely visit Wikipedia. However just about every time I Google something the Wikipedia link is right near the top so I click on it. I really like Wikipedia being that it is real time and it describes words/sayings/acronyms that may not make it into encyclopedias.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jordz84
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 282
Location: adelaide, australia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
However just about every time I Google something the Wikipedia link is right near the top

which begs the question,, why dont people do a wiki search first?
_________________
20" iMac 1.8/160/1G
15" Powerbook 1.5/80/1.25G
320gb LaCie Brick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 5986
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordz84 wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
However just about every time I Google something the Wikipedia link is right near the top

which begs the question,, why dont people do a wiki search first?


Google is part of the Safari menu bar and who knows what it will come up with? Maybe I will want more than the wiki info. Even if I don't spell things correctly, Google suggests the correct spelling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jordz84
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 282
Location: adelaide, australia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
jordz84 wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
However just about every time I Google something the Wikipedia link is right near the top

which begs the question,, why dont people do a wiki search first?

Google is part of the Safari menu bar and who knows what it will come up with? Maybe I will want more than the wiki info. Even if I don't spell things correctly, Google suggests the correct spelling.

True. I use google as my primary spell checker Laughing

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
jordz84 wrote:
tsk tsk *hangs head in shame*
There is nothing wrong with it. Most people don't have an open mind about it! After all, it is an act of nature.. Laughing

Dont feel too bad! I was just kidding Razz
_________________
20" iMac 1.8/160/1G
15" Powerbook 1.5/80/1.25G
320gb LaCie Brick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 5986
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another site I visit daily is Macdailynews.

The comments are some of the most immature on the net, even though most of the posters are likely in their 40's. Most of the news as of late has just been RUMOR after RUMOR but I still like to visit Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 1463
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Another site I visit daily is Macdailynews.

The comments are some of the most immature on the net, even though most of the posters are likely in their 40's. Most of the news as of late has just been RUMOR after RUMOR but I still like to visit


I'm so tired of the iPhone rumors. Mad

Now they are speculating if the parts for it are going to ship in April. Rolling Eyes

I'm not really a fan of Macdailynews either. I know a lot of people go there, but the immature/rude comments and the banner ads plastered everywhere are just a big turnoff.

Ben_tex's take: No thanks!

Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 5986
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_tex wrote:
....plastered everywhere are just a big turnoff.

Ben_tex's take: No thanks!

Laughing


I agree, but I haven't found anything better. Any recommendations. I'd drop macdailynews in a second. It's really a horrible site with no ethics.

I hate those stupid pop-ups that are associated with every second word in the article Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



      

Shop:  Apple Store  |  Refurbished Macs  |  Refurbished iPads  |  MacConnection  |  Mac Mini Vault  |  Other World Computing

MK 1 Studio Mac mini Racks  |  Crucial Mac Memory  |  Top Free Mac Apps  |  Top Paid Mac Apps



123Macmini.com is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or approved by Apple Computer, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 123Macmini.com. All Rights Reserved.