123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New members...welcome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaDDuck wrote:
Oh, one more n00b question, my onlder eMac had me spoiled with the in-build speakers, I've hooked up my USB speekers, went to sound and have all output directred through them, but when I adjust volume through an ap (say quicktime) it will adjust only the system volume. How do I get it adjust the aplication's volume?

Thanks!

Each application (if it supports it) should have it's own volume slider. Quicktime's is the little slider on the bottom left of a Quicktime movie. iTunes is the slider next to the play and pause buttons. Not all programs have their own independent volume, however, so you may have to adjust overall system volume.
MaDDuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
MaDDuck wrote:
Oh, one more n00b question, my onlder eMac had me spoiled with the in-build speakers, I've hooked up my USB speekers, went to sound and have all output directred through them, but when I adjust volume through an ap (say quicktime) it will adjust only the system volume. How do I get it adjust the aplication's volume?

Thanks!

Each application (if it supports it) should have it's own volume slider. Quicktime's is the little slider on the bottom left of a Quicktime movie. iTunes is the slider next to the play and pause buttons. Not all programs have their own independent volume, however, so you may have to adjust overall system volume.

That is ANNOYING!!!!

I got used to adjusting the volume by hitting the volume control and having it work correctly.

Grrrrr........ <now I have to get used to a new way of doing things!>
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaDDuck wrote:
That is ANNOYING!!!!

I got used to adjusting the volume by hitting the volume control and having it work correctly.

Grrrrr........ <now I have to get used to a new way of doing things!>

That's how it's always worked. When you adjusted sound in your eMac using the keyboard volume control, it changed the entire system, not just the application sound.
MaDDuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct!
I fired Omnius up and sure enough it does only adjust the system sound!
It'll just take some time to get used to.

So let me get this straight, you apply it directly to your forehead?
WOW!
macldo vinola

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: newbie Reply with quote

hello all just had my mac mini 1.83 duo for about 4weeks now, What a load of ..... greatness !!! this machine has been to use ! dam osx is good !!! Smile

Use to be a long time windows user why why did i use windows for so long !!!
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: newbie Reply with quote

macldo vinola wrote:
Use to be a long time windows user why why did i use windows for so long !!!

That's what i'm wondering. Congrats on your succesfull switch from PC to mac, Windows to Tiger. What do you plan on using your machine for?
macldo vinola

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

web browsing emails chat via aduim ,music, sorting photos ,downloading. watching dvd / avi

and useing a virus free computer Smile

also never having to use the start bar !!!!!

so far cant flaw the mac at all !!!

gaming part will be lost Sad but plan to get a 360
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macldo vinola wrote:
web browsing emails chat via aduim ,music, sorting photos ,downloading. watching dvd / avi

and useing a virus free computer Smile

also never having to use the start bar !!!!!

so far cant flaw the mac at all !!!

gaming part will be lost Sad but plan to get a 360

Yep, don't look to be gaming on a mini. Like you said, a 360 or PS3 would be better for that.
sm4rtie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

70 new users in a week ... impressive

I have just spent the last 2 hours just reading through the post archive and it seems that this site is very well supported, and hardly any of the childish flaming seen on other (non mac) user support sites.

As I have just started out down the OSX path, I suspect I will be dropping in often...

Sm4rt
Hands0n

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

sm4rtie wrote:
................... and hardly any of the childish flaming seen on other (non mac) user support sites........

Thats fighting talk Laughing

Last night I updated my Mac Mini from 512MB to 2GB using a pair of Crucial SODIMMs that have just dropped in price some GBP50. It had to be done Smile Now the Mini positively flies along - and I thought I couldn't be happier with it!! How wrong I was Very Happy

I can highly recommend the update to anyone handy with the insides of very small electronic devices - otherwise leave it to someone else to do!

This forum rocks, woo hoo Smile
Mac Mini Core Duo 1.8GHz (DVD/CD writer, 2GB DDR, 80GB HDD), Mighty Mouse (BT), Wireless Keyboary (BT), Lacie 300GB USB/FW HDD & Hub, 5th Gen iPod 80GB, Logic3 iStation speakers, Hanns.G (Dabsvalue) 19" TFT DVI 5ms Monitor
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do see a major difference with 2GB. I went to 1GB shortly after purchasing this mini last March and recently upgraded to 2GB. If you have the means, I suggest upgrading. You won't be disappointed. A belated welcome to all the noobs.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
vhrocks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I am one of the newbs! I bought my first mac around christmas time, I bought a macbook 2gig core2duo and was amazed at how easy it was to use. One of the things that sold me on the mac was after i bought it, I needed to make a rememberance DVD after a family member passed away. The funeral home wanted to charge 350 dollars to take 50 photos and scan them into a pc and create a slide show. Well i didnt want to shell out 350 bucks so I jumped on my new macbook and scanned in 50 or so photos into iphoto and then I used idvd, WOW what an easy app to use. I selected a song to play over the slideshow and a theme. The great thing was it took 20 minutes for me to rearrange some pictures and try a few songs out before decided i liked the outcome...10 minutes later i had a perfect dvd. So I thought it was a fluke on how fast this was accomplished and tried to do the same on my windows machine, I didn't have any comparable software so I did it in powerpoint, what a nightmare! it took so long, i never finished it.

So after a month or so of using this macbook, I wanted more!! I was on ebay and found a mac mini 1.66 duo core for a great price, it was stock with 512 mb og ram and a 60 gig drive. I took the opportunity to buy some more ram and a bigger drive, I can't believe how easy it was to upgrade! I put 2 gigs of ram in my mac book and a 120 gig hd, I put the 80 gig drive and the gig of ram from my macbook into the new mini and was done! both machines run great!

My next project is to get a 2 gig processor for the mini, I am hooked on mac!

I have been in tech support for 10 years and I have never touched a mac before. Now I want to find a job were I can work on macs instead of windows...good bye bill gates!
FritzQ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Say hello to the newb Reply with quote

Hey, here's my story.

I'm 17 and for the past 5 years we had some cruddy old PC that got us by. I inherited that one a few years back after we bought, another new PC. After this one straight up died, I decided I needed a computer for myself. At school, I used Mac's before. This year we received a lab full of the new iMac's, and from the start I was impressed. Very awesome machines. They were just a bit out of my price range though, but my friends brother bought a Mini a while back. I looked into it and said "That appears to be an awesome, solid little machine".

I got it maybe 2-3months ago and absolutely have been loving every minute of it. It's the 1.66ghz Intel Core Duo model, 80gb hard drive currently running on 512mb of RAM (Which a little later this year I plan to up to 2gbs). I'm amazed with how fast this thing runs and the things it can do. I mainly use it for internet and for my Music/Movies/TV Shows (Throw in a 500gb external hard drive a in a month or so).

Point is though...I realized I absolutely love Mac. I really find it hard using a PC now (As things like Front Row, Widgets and all the hot-keys have become 2nd nature). I'm Mac powered now...it's the only machine I'd want to buy...and by the way, I can't wait for Leopard.
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Say hello to the newb Reply with quote

FritzQ wrote:
Hey, here's my story.

I'm 17 and for the past 5 years we had some cruddy old PC that got us by. I inherited that one a few years back after we bought, another new PC. After this one straight up died, I decided I needed a computer for myself. At school, I used Mac's before. This year we received a lab full of the new iMac's, and from the start I was impressed. Very awesome machines. They were just a bit out of my price range though, but my friends brother bought a Mini a while back. I looked into it and said "That appears to be an awesome, solid little machine".

I got it maybe 2-3months ago and absolutely have been loving every minute of it. It's the 1.66ghz Intel Core Duo model, 80gb hard drive currently running on 512mb of RAM (Which a little later this year I plan to up to 2gbs). I'm amazed with how fast this thing runs and the things it can do. I mainly use it for internet and for my Music/Movies/TV Shows (Throw in a 500gb external hard drive a in a month or so).

Point is though...I realized I absolutely love Mac. I really find it hard using a PC now (As things like Front Row, Widgets and all the hot-keys have become 2nd nature). I'm Mac powered now...it's the only machine I'd want to buy...and by the way, I can't wait for Leopard.

Hello and welcome. Our school just got new iMacs this year too. Though I can't use them yet, they sure do look sweet in a room together.
Greentimbers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saymon wrote:
I consider, that here it is a little boring and is not emotional.. A few fun on this forum Smile
does anyone have anything like this? post that stuff here for us to have some fun... %)
here

The link above

sexparty.mpg Evil or Very Mad

Go away!

Folding on a Intel Mini
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: