123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will you buy Leopard?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you buy leopard?
yes
78%
 78%  [ 22 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

Macuser9214

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Will you buy Leopard? Reply with quote

I personally don't like what i've seen so far, and I probably won't. You??
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god yes!
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said yes, but it depends on how amazing it is. If it's not much better than Tiger, i'll spend $120 on something else.

But knowing Apple, it will be out of this world!
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be buying the family pack. Best bang for the buck. Laughing
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you buy Leopard? Reply with quote

Macuser9214 wrote:

No offense, but I really can't see how anyone would be disappointed with Spaces, Time Machine and the new features in iChat. I think the collection of new features (what we've seen and what we haven't) will make Leopard a worthy upgrade. I will be upgrading ASAP.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might buy a new machine at that time. One way or another I will be running Leopard. How else will I be able to keep up with all the fun new discussions Wink
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I like about Mac OS X is you don't need the absolute newest software to run the newest apps. Like for most freeware, you just need 10.3.9. Hopefully Leopard will do the same for people who don't wish to upgrade.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyPod wrote:
What I like about Mac OS X is you don't need the absolute newest software to run the newest apps. Like for most freeware, you just need 10.3.9. Hopefully Leopard will do the same for people who don't wish to upgrade.

Yah, I'm sure you will be fine for the most part. You'll just miss out on some of the new fun stuff. 10.3.9 will still be fine for quite some time.

I realize that $100 for a new OS is a good chunk of change for many mini owners, but it's a small amount if you break it down. Every time you use the computer you use the OS, so you can probably justify the cost. That's without even figuring in free security updates.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will continue to run Tiger on my PPC Mini. Though when Leopard is pre-installed, I'll finally get an Intel Mac.
curt wrote:
Macuser9214 wrote:

No offense, but I really can't see how anyone would be disappointed with Spaces, Time Machine and the new features in iChat.
I might be somewhat disappointed if the eye-candy of those applications don't run on my PPC Mini. Being that my machine doesn't support Core Image or Core Animation. And then be stuck to run half-baked versions of those apps.
TyPod wrote:
Though you will start to see things go Leopard only. As you can see there is a list being started of the next versions of certain apps are going the 10.5 route. Most people believe the new APIs are just making more sense to only stick with one version of OS X. Then having to support multiple versions that might be different from each other at the core. Thereby making a program to its full potential and not hold anything back.

http://theocacao.com/document.page/397
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you buy Leopard? Reply with quote

Macuser9214 wrote:

So, you seriously saw demos of Spaces and Time Machine and did NOT like that added functionality?

Personally, Time Machine ALONE is worth the upgrade. Not having to worry (as much, anyway) about my wife's backups is going to be awesome. Throw an external drive on her iMac, point Time Machine to it, and forget about it!

And spaces...with my MacBook, I REALLY need this! Sure, expose is nice...but there is just no substitute for virtual desktops when screen resolution is limited. And from what I saw with the demo last year, Apple is doing virtual desktops RIGHT.

Add to that all the fun new features of iChat, integration between Mail and iCal, and Core Animation...I can't wait! (not to mention, the expected (and LONG overdue) update to the Finder)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greentimbers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The family pack here also Very Happy

Folding on a Intel Mini
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family pack for me, unless for some reason I sell my Core Duo MBP and buy a Core 2 Duo MBP with it already installed.
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without question I will be buying the Family Pack. My wife's 17" iMac G5 is still on Panther!! Got to upgrade that as well as the kids' mini and my MacBook.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen one choice so favored in a poll. It looks like Leopard is going to sell like hot cakes. Especially given this is a mini site and a OS upgrade is 15 % of a new machine.
RickB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I've never seen one choice so favored in a poll. It looks like Leopard is going to sell like hot cakes.

Who would say no?

I think every die-hard Mac user in the world is waiting for Leopard. People are also looking for a reason to buy a new Mac.

Bandit Bill wrote:
Especially given this is a mini site and a OS upgrade is 15 % of a new machine.

The Mac mini becomes an awesome deal once you throw Leopard and iLife '07 on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: