123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just got my 17" widescreen LCD for my mini!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyzard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Just got my 17" widescreen LCD for my mini!!! Reply with quote

Pick up a Westinghouse (yeah, that's right), 17" Widescreen monitor for my mini. This was actually made to compliment the mini... same colors (white/silver). Has a DVI input and under $300....

Let you know how it works and looks!!
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my 17" widescreen LCD for my mini!!! Reply with quote

wyzard wrote:
Pick up a Westinghouse (yeah, that's right), 17" Widescreen monitor for my mini. This was actually made to compliment the mini... same colors (white/silver). Has a DVI input and under $300....

Let you know how it works and looks!!

I've got a Westinghouse LCD and absolutely LOVE it. I highly recommend them!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
idave

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats...pics?
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
aaron.c

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a 17 inch widescreen LCD as well! Cool
Sony MFM-HT75W, LCD Multi Function Display

http://bsg-inc.com/pictures/macmini_setup.jpg
Elgato EyeTV 500
Sony MFM-HT75W 17 inch Widescreen HDTV Display
wala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping of getting a good white 17". I found this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824221003
Looks too much like an iMac G5 to pass up!
roblemmen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah could you show some photo's Question
wyzard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on the pictures guys... Still in awe at how easy my new Mini is as compared to my Windows machine... however, being so use to Windows I'm still a little "gun" shy when trying new things on my mini... too many nightmares of the way something would always go wrong on my Windows machine...

But I'll get over it... should have some pictures soon... I must admit, part of it is me having too much fun with my new mini to actually take and post the pictures... Wink
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to post pictures as well. However, I am in the middle of selling my house and buying another...so I will probably just wait and take pictures once I'm settled into the new house...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xforce11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just orderd my Mini & Ministack. I went to best buy yesterday to check out the Westinghouse mentioned above. I ended up getting and LG Flatron 17" that had a $100 rebate. It has VGA & DVI (and cords I didn't realize it until after I had ordered a DVI cable with my mini Crying or Very sad ) and it has a USB hub on it. I like it a lot. Looking foward to using it with my Mini.

Mac Mini, Ministack (160 gig), LG Flatron 17"
blackjaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i just got my mac mini and westinghouse 17in widescreen 2 days ago...so far im kind of dissapointed

im getting almost a double image or ghosting affect on all my text...i dont know if its the vga cord im using (until my dvi-d cord gets shipped later this week i wont know) or if its a setting i havent played with (resolution and text smoothing seem to do nothing for it) or maybe i just got a dud lcd

i was going to make a 'HELP!' topic, but perhaps some of the other westinghouse owners can help me out!

thanks!
nthe10ring

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Looks Good Reply with quote

Best Buy has one of those hooked up to Mini and I've played with it several times ( thinking about getting one) the text looked pretty good and the color representation was great. They have 50 buck discount , so its about 250 total, seemed like a lot of bang for the buck. Hope its the cable, and not an internal problem.

nthe10ring
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: