123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Plasticsmith unveils new Blue-Glo stand for Mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: The Plasticsmith unveils new Blue-Glo stand for Mac mini Reply with quote

The Plasticsmith unveils new Blue-Glo stand for Mac mini
Wednesday February 16, 2005

The Plasticsmith announces the release of its newest model in their line of Mac mini accessories. The mini Skirt: blue-glo raises the Mac mini 3/4” on a blue LED illuminated acrylic base, which plugs into any USB port and has a convenient on-off switch. The illumination of the stand highlights the mini, giving it the attention it deserves. It sells for $29.95, sold exclusively through the Plasticsmith’s online store.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/13.html
bobko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Cool. Reply with quote

Cool! I wonder if they'lll make them in other colors. I wonder if the base generates much heat because you know what way heat goes...up!
bubba

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a way to use up one of the 2 cherished USB ports. I consider this like putting neon lights under your car, and I don't know many Mac folks who have neon under their car.
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why they didn't incorporate a USB hub into this is beyond me! Otherwise, why use up half your USB ports for eye candy?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mavherzog wrote:
Why they didn't incorporate a USB hub into this is beyond me! Otherwise, why use up half your USB ports for eye candy?

Now that would've been nice. I bet someone makes one sooner or later.
tjm549

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this news is good for one reason, it shows a willingness that companies are going to start making accessories specifically for the mini.
bubba

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very true. I'm sure companies know that the mini will be a big hit. The problem will be keeping the price down on all these addon's because people aren't going to want to pay excessive amounts of money for these things. It's sort of like buying a $29 ipod shuffle stand for a $99 ipod? Who would do that?
billabong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bubba wrote:
It's sort of like buying a $29 ipod shuffle stand for a $99 ipod? Who would do that?

When you compare this item from Plasticmith to a Shuffle dock or heck even iPod socks Shocked the price really isn't that bad. I'm not saying any of these things are worth it but people do buy them. Actually I wouln't mind having a riser for my mini because the way my setup is I cannot even see the power light from across the room.
tjm549

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mavherzog wrote:

If they had built a usb/firewire hub into the base, I would buy it! I'm waiting for the one that has a dicso and strobe light built into it and that's synchronized to iTunes! rlmao
pillo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjm549 wrote:
I'm waiting for the one that has a dicso and strobe light built into it and that's synchronized to iTunes! rlmao

He He

I know it's stupid and eye candy but I bet it looks cool. Has this Plasticsmith company been around long? I've never heard of them before untill they started making this mini stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: