123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cd Stuck in ibook g4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Cd Stuck in ibook g4 Reply with quote

My sister has a cd stuck in her ibook g4 and needs to know how to eject it. The eject key doesn't work.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reboot the Mac with the mouse button held down. The machine should eject it, then continue with normal startup behavior.

If doesn't eject, it may be jammed in there, and may require disassembly to get it out. I don't believe the iBook G4 series have the manual eject (paperclip) button that the iBook G3 series do.
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
Reboot the Mac with the mouse button held down. The machine should eject it, then continue with normal startup behavior.

If doesn't eject, it may be jammed in there, and may require disassembly to get it out. I don't believe the iBook G4 series have the manual eject (paperclip) button that the iBook G3 series do.

Just a while after i posted this i got word from my sister that she ejected it by rebooting while holding down the mouse button. The weird thing is while that cd was in her ibook it would freeze after a couple minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Use your google skills Reply with quote

Troubleshooting Ejecting a Disc in a Slot-Loading Drive
From Rachael Smithey,
Quote:
Your Guide to Focus on Macs.

Slot-loading disc drives, such as those found on the iBook G4 and PowerBook G4, pull the CD or DVD discs directly into the computer (in contrast to tray-loading disc drives, where the discs are placed on a tray and then pulled into the computer).

If you encounter problems with your slot-loading disc drive not ejecting discs, try these troubleshooting steps.

If the slot-loading drive does not eject a disc:

Press the F12 (Media Eject) key, or restart your Mac and press/hold the trackpad button during startup. On original PowerBook G4 computers, press the manual emergency eject button located on the side of the slot
Update the optical drive's firmware (this step may not be needed for all computers)
Reset the Parameter RAM (PRAM) or the Power Manager (PMU)
If the drive repeatedly fails to eject discs, the drive may need repair.

dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: ahh manual eject Reply with quote

That's one thing I like about almost every PC, the manual eject on the drive. It was always good to have for troubleshooting to quickly decide whether the drive was jammed/defective or just a OS glitch/problem with communication.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: