123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nike + iPod Sport kit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Nike + iPod Sport kit? Reply with quote

What's up with that thing? I think the idea's great but do you really have to use nike shoes? Cause I think those nike's are ugly. I know style is not an issue for strictly athletic shoes but I havea pair of DVS running shoes which are only like 2 weeks old and I don't want to have to buy new ones to use the kit.
Has anyone used this kit before?
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, it looks like it's possible but it just not as accurate or something....coming from one ofthe customer reviews.

Quote:
OMG This product is really cool and works perfectly w/ any kind of shoes ( u just need to put it in your socks face up).

I would have like to have two receivers to make sure that the result is really close to the reality. It still be a really good product altough u can cheat on the results by doing smaller steps...
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just tie the little shoe unit in your laces above the tongue, or hollow out a hole under your footbed to put it in, or I've seen custom velcro pouches.

The thing that really bugs me about the kit though, is that it's only for the Nano.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
You can just tie the little shoe unit in your laces above the tongue, or hollow out a hole under your footbed to put it in, or I've seen custom velcro pouches.

The thing that really bugs me about the kit though, is that it's only for the Nano.

Agreed! Why Nano only? surely the video ipod people would like this?! And why not the shuffle? It is even smaller, I know no screen to see info on. Are you really going to be looking at the screen while running?! I doubt it. Once you got home you could dock the shuffle and let iTunes tell you what happened?! Very confusing why Apple would pigeon hole themselves this way. Maybe they wanted more Nano sales, who knows.

-Hackersmovie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one for my brother for Christmas. It's a cool product. It only works with the Nano. Probably because the Nano is the only solid state model with a screen. The Nano is also very light weight. Apple is smart enough to know that most people won't object to owning more than one iPod, it's an opportunity to sell more iPods.

As far as the shoe goes. No you do not need a Nike shoe. The sensor just needs to be mounted horizontally like it would be in the bottom of a shoe. This means you can use pouches that tie to the laces, Velcro, the finger of an old glove, a utility knife to make a cutout in your shoe or insole. You will find many hack and many after market pouches for this product.

Have fun. You'll be happy you this product.
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right on,. yeah i agree it should be compatible with the shuffle version too...cause u can just press the button and it will tell u ur stats. if u look at the nike+ sportband its designed to cover the screen usingonly the center button to tell u ur stats thru audio without taking it out of the case.

i agree though, my only objection to owning every model ipod is cost Sad
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbulava wrote:
right on,. yeah i agree it should be compatible with the shuffle version too...cause u can just press the button and it will tell u ur stats. if u look at the nike+ sportband its designed to cover the screen usingonly the center button to tell u ur stats thru audio without taking it out of the case.

i agree though, my only objection to owning every model ipod is cost Sad

Unless they redesign the product it will never be compatible with the shuffle. The shuffles docks through the headphone port. The only way to make a product like this for the shuffle is to have it dock through the headphone port and then have a passthrough so that you have a port to plug in your headphones.

I agree though having this sort of product work with the shuffle would be a great thing. Of course we know Apple always likes to upsell Smile
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, i bought the new shuffle for my girlfriend this year and i couldnt believe it went thru the headphone port...never seen anything like that.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbulava wrote:
right, i bought the new shuffle for my girlfriend this year and i couldnt believe it went thru the headphone port...never seen anything like that.

I agree, but it is cool, way cool. I love the shuffle I just got, I can't believe it is that small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Shocked Very Happy Shocked

I am not sure how thay can make them any smaller, it can already get lost in your pocket!!

-Hackersmovie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
I am not sure how thay can make them any smaller.

It's already a little awkward to control any smaller would be senseless. I've actually clipped the shuffle to my earlobe as a joke Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: