123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Most Popular 123Macmini Articles of 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: The Most Popular 123Macmini Articles of 2006 Reply with quote

The Most Popular 123Macmini Articles of 2006
Friday, December 22, 2006
Posted by: Brian

I started looking back at some of the articles that were posted on 123Macmini this year. I wondered which ones had the highest amount of traffic. Well, after digging around in our weblogs for a while, I was able to find out. So, without any further ado, I give you the top 5 articles of 2006.

1.) Project: Mac mini Cube
Hands down, the article about Anthony's Mac mini Cube mod was the most popular of the year. It seemed like every site on the Web linked to the story. I'll never forget the first time I looked at the Keynote presentation Anthony sent me with all the pictures. I was floored!

2.) Mac mini with Dual Displays
There were a lot of people looking for a way to run dual displays with the Mac mini. That was until Aniel got his Mac mini and two displays working with the Matrox DualHead2Go. And this was months before Matrox officially began supporting Macs with the device.

3.) Mac mini: 1.42GHz G4 vs. 1.66GHz Core Duo
This was a little article I put together after the Intel-based Mac minis came out. It compared the 1.42GHz G4 Mac mini to the 1.66GHz Core Duo Mac mini with different benchmarks. I also posted an article that compared the 1.5GHz Core Solo Mac mini to the 1.66GHz Mac mini, but it didn't break the top 5.

4.) Do more with your Apple Remote
Charles posted this article in July. It's a nice round-up of applications that add additional functionality to the Apple Remote. As a matter of fact, it was mentioned on The Mac Observer's Mac Geek Gab Podcast #82 last week.

5.) Three things to make the Mac mini better?
This was a simple little article that asked the 123Macmini community about ways Apple could improve the Mac mini. The thread for this article had over 100 comments.

On behalf of the 123Macmini crew, I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We are all looking forward to 2007. It should be a fun year!

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/579.html

Last edited by admin on Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Most Popular 123Macmini Articles of 2006 Reply with quote

admin wrote:
I'll never forget the first time I looked at the Keynote presentation Anthony sent me with all the pictures. I was floored!

Was this presentation available for download? I don't see it anywhere in the original article.

It got me thinking though, I'll make a Keynote for my "Belkin Hard Drive mod". I'll probably make it available as a Quicktime presentation.
Brian
News Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Most Popular 123Macmini Articles of 2006 Reply with quote

Yvan256 wrote:
Was this presentation available for download? I don't see it anywhere in the original article.

The article contains all the pictures and descriptions that were found in the file. There wasn't audio or video associated with it.

Yvan256 wrote:
It got me thinking though, I'll make a Keynote for my "Belkin Hard Drive mod". I'll probably make it available as a Quicktime presentation.

Please let us know about that one! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: