123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New members...welcome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am also a new member. I have been looking at this site for awile so i finally decided to join.
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well welcome here hope you find what you need on the forums. This forum made me want to get a mac mini even more when i was researching whether or not i wanted to get one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: New Member New User Reply with quote

Hello board.
After the death of my iMac G5 I picked up a new 1.66 core duo mini.
So far, other than coming with enough memory, it seems to be a great little machine.
Nice informational BBS here too.
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have ya'.
Redshift Spec

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Hello, I'm a nooby i've been browsing this forum for a few weeks and finally decided to get a 1.8ghz mac mini. Unfortuantly because i've had to borrow the cash from mother shes being a stinker and hiding it till christmas even though i've payed for it (eventually). I come from a PC background but i'm doing a ND Photography and fell in love with the macs at college. Which brings me to this question. What apps would everyone recomend. I'm going to get Aperture first (so i can do some from of photography to validate spending £600) then eventually photoshop. So any other cool things?

Cheers

Red

Oh I also play xbox live with the same user name if anyone fancies a game
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

Redshift Spec wrote:
I'm going to get Aperture first

Make sure you have 1gig of ram installed. I installed it not checking the system requirements and can't use it Mad but that's just me being an idiot, lol

i've read somewhere that adobe's lightroom is sort of like aperture for photoshop.

both of which have intel native's in beta form if you look in the right places at adobe.com.

i also use adobe/macromedia fireworks, that's a great program.
Redshift Spec

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Cheers for the heads up dude. I've got 1gb going to move upto 2gb at one point. I tried the beta of Lightroom on my PC (Hiss booo) and wasn't that impressed, though i wont pass final judgment untill its a full release.
rato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Hi! Reply with quote

Hello to everbody on the macmini.com forum. Just got my mac mini today. Hope to have plenty of joy and pleasure with my new mac in work and in play. Very Happy
Redshift Spec

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: , Reply with quote

My mac has turned up. i've touched it then let it be taken away to be wrapped up and hidden from me. Bloody women. Its soooo tiny. At least poeple cant say i'm overcompensating for something Laughing
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: , Reply with quote

Redshift Spec wrote:
At least poeple cant say i'm overcompensating for something Laughing

HAHA! That's what I love about it. Especially when friends come over, they all can't believe this tiny little box does everything a computer tower does. and is so quiet about it.
Hands0n

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: , Reply with quote

kbulava wrote:
That's what I love about it. Especially when friends come over, they all can't believe this tiny little box does everything a computer tower does. and is so quiet about it.

Its a COMPUTER!!?? Shocked
Mac Mini Core Duo 1.8GHz (DVD/CD writer, 2GB DDR, 80GB HDD), Mighty Mouse (BT), Wireless Keyboary (BT), Lacie 300GB USB/FW HDD & Hub, 5th Gen iPod 80GB, Logic3 iStation speakers, Hanns.G (Dabsvalue) 19" TFT DVI 5ms Monitor
Redshift Spec

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I got my mac mini yesterday. I'm loving it:D The OS is so polite. Which shocked me from windows "WHERE DO YOU LIVE I WANNA BREAK YOUR LEGS" Way of speaking, to OSX Alright Dude where do ya live? Why did you buy me, ahh your a photography student. Have a look at this. Ohh its sooo sweet. I've almost filled my hard drive though. Need to get an external one.

Cheers for all of your advice and encouragement. I'm sure i'll be back here soon to ask for more help.

(I will say one thing, i did jump a few times putting cds in the drive. She snatches them sooo quickly)
MaDDuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: n00b, sorta..... Reply with quote

Hey-
Just got my mini!

It's my 8th Mac, and my 3rd since OSX came out.

Nice, slick lilttle box.

I moved my KB, mouse, and external monitor over from my eMac with no problem. Sent my profile over too! Firewire disk mode is FAST, I had about 40 GB worth of crap, and it took round about an hour or so. VERY impressed, of course now my new mini is named the same as my eMac was! How do I change that again, it's been YEARS, and the mini just doesn't look line an Omnius, she looks like more of a Minime, or Mickey, I haven't made up my mind yet!

In a perfect world, I'd still be using my PPC Amiga 4000, OSX'll do in a pinch! I miss the big orange pointer and dragging screens down, although expose is a good evolution of that.
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: n00b, sorta..... Reply with quote

MaDDuck wrote:
How do I change that again, it's been YEARS, and the mini just doesn't look line an Omnius, she looks like more of a Minime, or Mickey, I haven't made up my mind yet!

System Preferences -> Sharing.

My Mac Mini is aptly named "Mac Mini". Perhaps I need to come up with something more creative.

At least my hard drive names are themed. They're all various ships from the Star Trek series.
MaDDuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT'S RIGHT!!! It's in sharing.

I'm stuck at work right now running Winblows right now so I couldn't dig very deep.

Oh, one more n00b question, my onlder eMac had me spoiled with the in-build speakers, I've hooked up my USB speekers, went to sound and have all output directred through them, but when I adjust volume through an ap (say quicktime) it will adjust only the system volume. How do I get it adjust the aplication's volume?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: