123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OK... Looking for speakers for my mini...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyzard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: OK... Looking for speakers for my mini... Reply with quote

Hi... I thought I was interested in the JBL Creature IIs, however, I've got some additional options.

Should I got with the HK Soundsticks II... how are they? What about the Bose speakers, both the stereo ones and companions?

Any other options?? I can get the SoundSticks for $119.

Really trying to find something that will compliment my mini as well as sound good...

Thanks.
k3lso

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the JBL Creature II. You wont regret it, plus... its a perfect match to the mini Smile oh.. and awesome sound!
14" 600Mhz G3 iBook 256Mb Ram
20 Gb iPod
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some Logitech Z-3s that I use with my Mini. I have the woodgrain one, but they make them in aluminum too. I know they make them in woodgrain and black/silver. A better version, Z-2300's, is all silver, might match. I would recommend these.
They look that they'd match the mini because they're white and aluminum. I have the woodgrain ones, as I said above. I got them for $30, so for the price they performance is unmatched. They are not worth $100, IMO. The bass is a little muddy, but they are great overall speakers.
bsnoel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Here Is A Great Price On The Soundsticks Reply with quote

I have the HK Soundstick IIs and I love them. They sound fantastick very crisp and clean. They also have that look that just says Macintosh!

You can get the Soundstick IIs for $104 at Provantage.com.
I deal with Provantage all the time they are reputable and very fast shippers.

http://www.provantage.com/pr_87566.htm
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely interested in the JBL Creature II's.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bsnoel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mavherzog wrote:
I'm definitely interested in the JBL Creature II's.

Here is a good price on the Creature II's.

$49.00 at Provantage. White or Grey.

http://www.provantage.com/buy-7hrmn00k-jbl-creature-ii-white-3pc-powered-speakers-harman-multimedia-wht-shopping.htm

I will admit the looks of the Creatures match up with the Mini better. However, I listened to both the Creatures and the Soundsticks. IMO... The Soundstick IIs are by far the better sounding speaker of the two. Of course to be fair, they cost quite a bit more too.
bsnoel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone out there have the JBL Encounters? They are the bigger brother to the Creature IIs and look like they might go quite nicely with the Mini too.

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.asp?ProdId=ENCOUNTER
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeech those are some ugly speakers....I'd just worry about knocking them down all the time; it's bad enough with my Z3's that have a wide base with rubber.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those JBL speakers look like little aliens and the sub looks like their space ship.
bsnoel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I think those JBL speakers look like little aliens and the sub looks like their space ship.

Actually, I think that is the intention of the design. I did see they got a fairly good review.
wyzard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great price until you add on the $21.95 ground shipping cost...

Brings it up to more than Amazon with free shipping.

But, thanks for the heads up though....
bsnoel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyzard wrote:
That's a great price until you add on the $21.95 ground shipping cost...

Brings it up to more than Amazon with free shipping.

But, thanks for the heads up though....

That is very strange, their shipping prices are usually right in line with everyone else. I just put the SoundSticks into the cart and they came up with $14.45 for shipping the Encounters came up with $12.95 shipping. I wonder why $21.95 for ground on the JBLs? Weight? Different warehouse? Mistake?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: