123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Gifts for the Mac mini Owner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: 10 Gifts for the Mac mini Owner Reply with quote

10 Gifts for the Mac mini Owner
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Posted by: Brian

Well, the holiday shopping season is now officially upon us. If you are looking for the perfect gift for the Mac mini owner or Mac enthusiast in your life, or something new for yourself, here are ten great items. Who knows, maybe this list will prevent some of us from getting another tie or pair of socks this year. Now that would be a good thing! The following items range in price from $20.00 to $150.00 dollars.

Read more

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/563.html
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent list, I'm eyeing a few items on it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the new 2G iPod shuffles are a good gift to give this year. Even for people like myself, that already have an iPod. iTunes gift cards would be another good thing.
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Second Generation iPod shuffle Reply with quote

I agree, the 2nd gen. iPod shuffle makes a really great gift, even for those who already have another iPod (except maybe those who already have the 1st gen. iPod shuffle). The controls of the iPod shuffle are easier to use when you just want to listen to music without having to bother with an interface.

The new iPod shuffle is really sleek, tiny and makes a stunning addition to any Mac mini setup. When you're using the smallest Mac ever, why not add the smallest iPod ever to that setup. Wink

Another great gift suggestion is the miniStack V2. I'm guessing most Mac mini users could use an additional 250GB of storage and more FireWire and USB 2.0 ports (especially Mac mini G4 users).
bsnoel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: If I may suggest a number 11 gift item. Reply with quote

I think that these two brand new sets of speakers from JBL complement the Mac mini quite nicely too.

JBL SPOT
JBL SPYRO

The spot is available at the Apple Store and the Spyro is comming soon to Amazon.com
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a good chance that a lot of new cool gear and software will be coming out the beginning of next year. So I think a gift certificate might be the most practical thing to give. On the other hand, the new shuffle is a no-brainer for under $75. I bought my sister one for her birthday and she loves it.
iLife's a Bitch!
bsnoel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the Elgato is very tempting. It might go on my Christmas list. Decisions, decisions......
bsnoel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: If I may suggest a number 11 gift item. Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:
I think that these two brand new sets of speakers from JBL complement the Mac mini quite nicely too.

JBL SPOT
JBL SPYRO

The spot is available at the Apple Store and the Spyro is comming soon to Amazon.com

I see that the JBL Spot speakers are on sale at the Apple Store today for their Black Friday sale. $108.00
MiniMoe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of good Black Friday specials at http://store.apple.com
Apple USB Modem (for faxing), Bose Companion 2 Speakers
2.0GHz white MacBook 1GB/80GB
Brian
News Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:
For me, the Elgato is very tempting. It might go on my Christmas list. Decisions, decisions......

AMUG just posted a fantastic review of the EyeTV Hybrid. It might help you with your decision.

http://www.amug.org/amug-web/html/amug/reviews/articles/elgato/hybrid/
jthawke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Off Topic? Reply with quote

Happy Holidays, All.

The discussion of the TV Hybrid device reminded me of a question I meant to pose to this forum before. I have a new 1.83 Intel mini (sweet, by the way) and I am looking to bring both LP audio (via a pre amp) and Tivo programming (via the "out to vcr" function) into my Mini for CD and DVD creation. Does anyone have a suggestion for a device that I could purchase that would accomplish both? I don't need tv tuner functionality . . . just usb or firewire input to the mac with s-video and right/left audio inputs from the source.

Thanks!
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiniMoe wrote:
Lots of good Black Friday specials at http://store.apple.com

Good day to buy a MacBook or Airport Express!

jthawke wrote:
I don't need tv tuner functionality . . . just usb or firewire input to the mac with s-video and right/left audio inputs from the source

The Elgato EyeTV 250 and Hybrid have break-out S-video cables.
iLife's a Bitch!
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EyeTV Hybrid is the number one item on my wish list. The Wacom Graphire4 is a nice gift idea too. I use the 6x8 version with my PowerBook at work just about every day. The 4x5 version is a little on the small, but it does cost around $100 less. I guess the LaCie mini or LaCie mini with hub would also make a nice gifts.
bsnoel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
bsnoel wrote:

AMUG just posted a fantastic review of the EyeTV Hybrid. It might help you with your decision.

http://www.amug.org/amug-web/html/amug/reviews/articles/elgato/hybrid/

Thanks, I'll take a look.
ranger1021

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: If I may suggest a number 11 gift item. Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:

JBL SPOT
JBL SPYRO

Saw the Spot at the Apple store today. Very nice looking. However, wasn't able to hear them as someone else was taking a million years working on the computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: