123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac mini Refurbs and Rebates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Mac mini Refurbs and Rebates Reply with quote

Mac mini Refurbs and Rebates
Friday, November 17, 2006

Apple has updated its refurbished Mac mini offerings in the Apple Store. The current offerings include a 1.5GHz Intel Core Solo Mac mini (512MB of memory, Combo drive, 60GB hard drive) for $479, 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo Mac mini (512MB of memory, Combo drive, 60GB hard drive) for $519, 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo Mac mini (512MB of memory, SuperDrive, 80GB hard drive) for $649, and the 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo Mac mini (512MB of memory, Superdrive, 80GB hard drive) for $699. All four models are covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty and include free shipping.

Amazon is offering $25 mail-in rebates on new Mac minis purchased before November 21st. The 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo Mac mini (Combo drive, 512MB of memory, 60GB hard drive) is priced at $574.99 after mail-in rebate. The 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo Mac mini (SuperDrive, 512MB of memory, 80GB hard drive) is priced at $774.99 after mail-in rebate. Both models include free shipping and handling. The mail-in rebates must be postmarked by December 21st.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/images/newsstory562.html
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Mac mini Refurbs and Rebates Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Amazon is offering $25 mail-in rebates on new Mac minis purchased before November 21st.

So.... Mac mini updates on the 21st? It is a tuesday after all. Smile
K.C.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Mac mini Refurbs and Rebates Reply with quote

Yvan256 wrote:
admin wrote:
Amazon is offering $25 mail-in rebates on new Mac minis purchased before November 21st.

So.... Mac mini updates on the 21st? It is a tuesday after all. Smile

They've been offering the rebates since the got the Mini in stock. The rebates expire when they expect to run out of inventory and reinstate when they've got inventory again.
Zalez

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had my 1.83GHz Mac mini for a few weeks, and I'm already considering getting another one for the family. Does anyone have pictures of a refurbished Mac mini box opening? How do they come packaged and badged?
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They either come in original Mac Mini boxes... or most likely, in just plain brown boxes. However, they have everything, from the manuals to the Apple stickers.
It should have a Refurb sticker on the box as well.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they had the same in my country, great prices! Sad
imfullofit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T Kirk wrote:

I have seen these on ebay and the sellers do international shipping. Apple care is even transferable. Not quite as good as getting it directly from Apple but close.

Very Happy

www.julianvandercook.com
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imfullofit wrote:
James T Kirk wrote:

I have seen these on ebay and the sellers do international shipping. Apple care is even transferable. Not quite as good as getting it directly from Apple but close.

Very Happy

You reckoned outside shipping costs and FeDex which WILL lett customs know about this transaction. I had a defect NT MiniStack shipped to OWC this year. First paid more than $ 30 shipping back (paid shipping to USA also; thank you very much OWC!!) than $ 19.26 tax on my own enclosure!!! I'm still in the process of trying to get that last amount back!! Evil or Very Mad
diulei

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about getting a refurb Mini for the living room.

Has anybody had any issues with refurbs?
CcAgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I can(for once) give useful input.

My buddy bought a referb core solo. Well it showed up in a slightly bigger brown box. It said Apple something on it.. and when we opened it up, it was all packed neatly in MORE foam and padding than if you bought a brand new one, as I did. Now, for a bonus, his stock 1.5 showed up with 2gb of ram and a 120 gb hard drive for the normal $479 price. Now I do not know why it showed up like that, and I am not saying that your's will should you buy one. We did not report it to apple, nor do we plan to. As we swapped out the 1.5 core solo for the 2.16 core duo. (core 2 duo to come later) As well as as the combo drive for the panasonic drive that fits the unit. Any ways. Enjoy.
Zalez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I might get the Core Solo model.
gcodori

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zalez wrote:
Sounds good. I might get the Core Solo model.

Guess again...since this has been posted, Apple pulled down the solo models. The $479 model is no longer listed under refurbs or even if you search for "refurbished".

It was there the day before, but gone today.

My gut feeling is this: Mac Mini's going from solos to C2D got soooo much press, that Apple is going to bury the solo models so it won't cut into imac C2D sales.
CcAgan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gcodori wrote:
Guess again...since this has been posted, Apple pulled down the solo models. The $479 model is no longer listed under refurbs or even if you search for "refurbished".

It was there the day before, but gone today.

My gut feeling is this: Mac Mini's going from solos to C2D got soooo much press, that Apple is going to bury the solo models so it won't cut into imac C2D sales.

I watch the referb section all the time, its in my morning coffee routine, and inventory on there comes and goes. Just because it is not there today does not mean it will be there tomorrow. And just because it is there at 8am does not mean it will be there at 3pm. I never see items added over the course of the day, just removed. Each night it looks like inventory is reevaluated. Some times I have seen a week plus with no core solo mini listed, some times there are NO mini's listed at all. Same way with power books, those really seem to come slowly and go quickly.
Texark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think the Core Solo minis would be a hot item because of their low price and upgradability, so it's not a big surprise seeing them go fast. I also wouldn't be surprised if that was it for their availability. I'm sure you'll see the 1.66GHz models in there for a while.
diulei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the Apple store -

1.5 Core Solos are back up! $479, for those of you interested in using it as a spare HTPC or server, etc.

I'm still going to wait a bit...shouldn't be spending another wad of change before the Christmas season. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: