123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Member Introduction Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Eeve1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Member Introduction Thread Reply with quote

I didn't see one anywhere else so I might as well make one here.

I'm a 16-year old physically disabled student who is switching from Windows to Apple.

I've always been a fan of Apples, ever since my first computer, when I was 7. A second-hand Mac, the latest feature on it was the "Knotsolver". I was only able to make it crash once.

I'm interested in computer security, so I'm getting a Mini for a fair few reasons.

1. To see what the security is like on the "other side of the fence", as it were.
2. The layout seems a lot nicer.
3. The programs that come with Panther/Tiger seem to work more effectively then their Windows counterparts. (Compare Safari to Internet Explorer.)
4. The MacMini is a lot lighter then the huge bulk of a tower you have to use for Windows. (And in case it breaks down, it won't be as hard to move around.)
5. I wanna test out what a survey said with "Users with Macs being more productive then users with Windows."

(NB - My username would normally be 1Eevee1, but I left out an e. If a mod could add that extra e in, I'd appreciate it.)
(And yes, I am a Nintendo fan too.)
billabong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums.

You'll love working with OS X. Learning the ins and outs of another operating system will help you broaden your computer skills and knowledge. I notice you're from Australia. Would love to visit there one day.
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you live in Oz? Sydney is definitely gorgeous, but I like Melbourne too. Oh, yeah, welcome to the forums. Working with the innards of a *NIX is a lot more fun that that of a Windows machine, let me tell you. It's also fun to try and have your friends try and find the computer in your room. My cousin couldn't find it, Laughing.
1Eeve1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Panther at the High School that I go to. Pity that even though I go on the net there, Safari doesn't work. Only Internet Explorer works.

I live in a small town called Naracoorte, too. World-Heritage Listed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: