123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Moderator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Site Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: New Moderator Reply with quote

I just wanted to formally introduce myself to the community. I've been working behind the scenes (on and off) for 123Macmini since its launch in 2005. Brian and Charles have recently talked me into taking a more active role in the community, and I have agreed to do so.

I currently live in Winston Salem North Carolina, and have been a happy Mac user since the late 90's. My current machines are a 1.5GHz Intel Mac mini and Dual 2.66GHz Mac Pro. I enjoy taking pictures and working in Photoshop and Aperture. I also enjoy playing Mac games, watching DVDs and listen to music in iTunes.

I already feel like I know some of the regular members here from moderating. I thought it would be nice to tell you a little about myself.

Glenn S.
123Macmini.com

Last edited by admin on Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although you have been a member longer than me, welcome to 123Mm formally as a moderator. I know you are on 123MacBook often, but it is good to see you around here as well! Very Happy

I have a 1.66 Mac mini (no Mac Pro, you lucky dog) that serves me quite well in conjunction with my PC (oh noes!). Thank God for this site or I don't know what I'd do.

Hope to see you around, great to have another moderator around the forums... not that Brian and Charles are doing a bad job or something, don't take that the wrong way!

-jb
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glenn
News Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jbstingray. Brian and Charles have done a great job, but they needed some help.

The Mac Pro is an amazing machine, but I need to start putting aside some money for memory. It's so darn expensive. I only have 1GB now, but I would like to add another 2GBs.

I love my Mac mini. I mainly use it as a HTPC. It's nice sitting back and watching slideshows on the big screen with Front Row.

Yes, I also mod under admin at 123MacBook.

Glenn S.
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome also hope you dont have to mod much of my posts but i have seen a few disapear urgh....lol..just kidding
News Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futa_Mill wrote:
Welcome also hope you dont have to mod much of my posts but i have seen a few disapear urgh....lol..just kidding

That's my job! Wink

Charles and I are thrilled to see Glenn take a more visible role.
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Futa_Mill wrote:

That's my job! Wink

Charles and I are thrilled to see Glenn take a more visible role.

i know i was just giving you a hard time

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: New Moderator Reply with quote

Thank you Glenn for being there for Charles and Brian and all of us. The site is so very beneficial in so many ways. I lived right outside of Winston-Salem from '70-'83 in a little township known as Bethania. It is a beautiful spot in the world. Again, thank you for all of your help.

lojo
Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mighty Mouse
Sony 32" LCD HDTV Monitor-Bravia
Apple iPod Hi Fi
LaCie mini HUB 500GB
Glenn
News Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: New Moderator Reply with quote

lojo wrote:
Thank you Glenn for being there for Charles and Brian and all of us. The site is so very beneficial in so many ways. I lived right outside of Winston-Salem from '70-'83 in a little township known as Bethania. It is a beautiful spot in the world. Again, thank you for all of your help.

lojo

Thanks!

I just moved up here from Charlotte this summer. I really like it so far. The traffic sure is better! Small poke @ Brian. Laughing

Glenn
123Macmini.com
Macuser9214

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the moderating commity(sp?)!!!!!

I won't even comment of the Mac pro. It's not worth it. I will never see one. I probably will never use one (Unless I go to compUSA to play! lol. I have done that before!)

Anyway....

WELCOME
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should all give Glenn a hard time and start posting more things that need to be deleted Wink
ranger1021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I think we should all give Glenn a hard time and start posting more things that need to be deleted Wink

or spamming his PM box Laughing
anyway, on a more serious note, welcome once again (this must get annoying for you) to a more open moderating role in the community Very Happy
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New Moderator Reply with quote

Since everyone is giving you a hard time.. I will too Very Happy
admin wrote:
and Dual 2.66GHz Mac Pro.
Don't you mean Quad? Razz Very Happy

Welcome Glenn..... Cool
News Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the greetings! Don't worry guys I can take joke.

Note to Brian. How do you delete users again? Razz Wink

Glenn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Site Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: