123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:
I might try something like that, but I think that two mouse pads would be enogh. I could just use the desktop, but I cannot stand the sound that my mouse makes on the bare desktop.

I bought a huge 18-inch x 15-inch black cloth mouse pad at Staples a few weeks ago. I think a company called American Covers makes them. It only cost like 10 bucks.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Higher capacity hard drives, Core 2 Duos and more expandability for the same amount of money. This was a pretty nice update.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Definitely recommend waiting a few weeks Reply with quote

heulenwolf wrote:
I'm no expert but, given the number of heat and build quality issues that cropped up with the MB and MBPs after launch, I definitely recommend waiting a few weeks and checking posts from early adopters. The Core 2 should generate at least the same amount of heat as the Core and possibly more.

I totally agree. I'm not even sure what Intel-based Mac I really want, but I'm leaning towards the MacBook Pro. I would also like to hear about what kind of heat the Core 2 Duo is producing. The last thing I want is a $2000 lap warmer.
iLife's a Bitch!
CcAgan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:
What did you order, one of the new Core 2 machines? Sounds nice.

2.16/1G/120/SD - The base C2D MBP.

nanomano wrote:
Did they give you an estimated ship date? I was thinking about waiting for Amazon to get them in and price one out. They always seem to have good rebates going on.

They told me they should have them in and out the door on thursday. The apple stores in dallas that I called said they MIGHT have them on friday or sat. My guy at CDW(i use them at work) shows a delivery there of 250 of each C2D MBP for thursday. So I guess the apple stores will get them thursday as well, and be ready to go with them friday morning. But thats just my guess.
bsnoel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CcAgan wrote:
bsnoel wrote:
What did you order, one of the new Core 2 machines? Sounds nice.

2.16/1G/120/SD - The base C2D MBP.

nanomano wrote:
Did they give you an estimated ship date? I was thinking about waiting for Amazon to get them in and price one out. They always seem to have good rebates going on.

They told me they should have them in and out the door on thursday. The apple stores in dallas that I called said they MIGHT have them on friday or sat. My guy at CDW(i use them at work) shows a delivery there of 250 of each C2D MBP for thursday. So I guess the apple stores will get them thursday as well, and be ready to go with them friday morning. But thats just my guess.

Sweet! Let us know how you like it.
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a 15" 2.33GHz earlier this evening.

Good riddance MacBook! Don't let the door hit on your way out. I'm just kidding, I sold it to my cousin earlier this month. But that was only after having it replaced three times by Apple. Mad
dentalfloss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Pulled the trigger on a Mac Mini!! Reply with quote

Quote:
Doubt it. They are probably going to keep a line between "consumer" and "pro" for a while. Plus the Mac Minis had an update not that long ago

I can't wait any longer to get on the Mini train. I just bought the 1.83 Core Duo. I wish it would get here already!
bsnoel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
bsnoel wrote:
I might try something like that, but I think that two mouse pads would be enogh. I could just use the desktop, but I cannot stand the sound that my mouse makes on the bare desktop.

I bought a huge 18-inch x 15-inch black cloth mouse pad at Staples a few weeks ago. I think a company called American Covers makes them. It only cost like 10 bucks.

I think I found one that I like from ALIMED. It has a killer wrist rest built into it.
bsnoel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Pulled the trigger on a Mac Mini!! Reply with quote

dentalfloss wrote:
Quote:
Doubt it. They are probably going to keep a line between "consumer" and "pro" for a while. Plus the Mac Minis had an update not that long ago

I can't wait any longer to get on the Mini train. I just bought the 1.83 Core Duo. I wish it would get here already!

I know the feeling. Welcome to the mini side of iLife.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about picking up a MBP refurb now. They have a 2.0GHz with 1GB RAM and 100GB HD for $1499.
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for it there are nice from what i heard and thats a good deal
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
I've been thinking about picking up a MBP refurb now. They have a 2.0GHz with 1GB RAM and 100GB HD for $1499.

They appear often in the UK refurb store. More surprisingly there have been a few iMac C2D recently!

& a PPC Mini bought for my Mother
dentalfloss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pulled the trigger on a Mac Mini!! Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:

I know the feeling. Welcome to the mini side of iLife.

I'm a PC person, historically, but I fell in love with iMovie and Garageband while my friend was visiting with his MBP. I almost went for the 24" iMac, but I don't want such a sweet monitor tied to just one computer. I bought a
Dell widescreen 1920x1200 instead.

Can't wait to run all that ruling Apple software on the mini.

I'm sure the Core 2 is powerful enough, with 2GB of RAM in there!
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My roommate was able to talk his parents into spotting him the money for the new MBP. Lucky SOB! Laughing

I either need to quit school and get a job or get them to adopt me. I go back to me earlier statement, it stinks being a poor college student.
Tenex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Go the adoption route less commitment. Wink

& a PPC Mini bought for my Mother
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: