123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video/mouse issue on mini
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Video/mouse issue on mini Reply with quote

jicon wrote:
I have a real handy Gyration wireless mouse, but I'm a bit aggrevated by OS-X when I start slowing down my hand movement to select an item or field in the OS. The speed of the mouse seems to be affected by the relative velocity of mouse movement, as opposed to the distance travelled on a mousepad. I'll try to use a USB mouse and see if it makes a difference, but I'm wondering if anyone else is affected by this?

yes, it's incredibly annoying to me too. welcome to the retarded default osx acceleration curve. if you have a logitech mouse you can install logitech drivers to fix it, and give you back a sane (linear) acceleration curve.

basically, you have to install custom 3rd party mouse drivers to fix it. because osx mouse control panel has no settings for this. it lets you change the magnitude of the curve, but it doesnt let you change it from logarithmic to linear.
jicon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Apple's due diligence in fixing this DVI problem has been pathetic. Many users on the Apple discussion forums have a similar issue, yet their support services have not acknowledged an issue.

I end up emailing SJ for some help, and voila, I get Tier II support to "dig in to the issue" the next day. That was nine weeks ago. Back then, I suggested they check to see if a firmware upgrade to fix a similar ATI problem will fix the issue.

One followup phone call a week later from a PR guy who didn't have an understanding of the issue, and not a peep since from him, nor the techie handling the problem.

Since then, we hear that the possible dim VGA display issue may be caused by an underpowered chipset... not such a hot engineering shortcut in retrospect, but given other hardware issues found on powerbooks/ibooks/G5s in the past, I'm sure a fair number of obvious issues get by the crack QA squad at Apple. Lesson learned... wait for revision C before buying Apple.

Nearly five months of this without a fix. Horrible.

Rant over.
castaway

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nearly five months of this without a fix. Horrible.

I feel bad for you guys with this issue. The fact that Apple hasn't done much to help you makes me feel worse. Have any of you thought about starting an online petition?
bani

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

historically speaking, only class actions can motivate apple. petitions are a waste of time.
jicon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a call from Apple today that 10.4.2 should fix the DVI issue. Can anyone verify?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: