123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New switchr by next week but worried
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mac Mini wait or buy now? Reply with quote

radiohed wrote:
Does anyone think that this 6-8 day ship date could mean that an update is in the works?

No. My dealer in Canada said custom configs take about 3 weeks to get here, so 8 days is no sign of anything abnormal.

Another thing my dealer said is Apple is getting away from making product announcements at scheduled events (eg. WWDC, no new products). It makes it too easy for customers to predict when new products will be released.

When the mini was first released I ordered one. It took so long that there was only one month left until Tiger was released, so I cancelled my order because I did not want to have to pay for Tiger.

When Tiger was released, I waited until WWDC.

Then I waited for Tiger to come pre-installed.

Then I was going to wait for Macworld but...

I just bought my mini 2 days ago. I'm just glad the wait is over. Sure it might upset me if a mini comes out at the same price and offers more, or if 64-128MB video becomes an option but...
Right this minute, I am happy.

If you are going to wait just a little longer, I recommend purchasing from a dealer like Best Buy (with a 14 day no questions asked returns policy) July 01, 2005, 2 weeks before Macworld July 11-14 2005. You get a mini right away and the do it yourself upgrade options are cheaper.

This will give you 2 weeks to use the system and see if it suits your needs.

Hope this helps any of you still waiting.
roblemmen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it comes that fast, I'll wait a few weeks ( at most 2 months ). If they update it, the prices stay the same? As long as they give 512 MB RAM and a 64 MB graphics I am satisfied.
manatarms

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Why? Reply with quote

Does anybody really think apple is gonna upgrade the mini with things like faster drive, more ram, better video, audio in and keep it the same price? Dont think so. Just get one you wont regret it and if your gonna wait, wait for the switch to intel. There are actual reasons the mini comes with the hardware it does, like heat, space, and noise.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can wait. It would be silly not to wait until Macworld July 11-14.
andp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Why? Reply with quote

manatarms wrote:
Does anybody really think apple is gonna upgrade the mini with things like faster drive, more ram, better video, audio in and keep it the same price? Dont think so. Just get one you wont regret it and if your gonna wait, wait for the switch to intel. There are actual reasons the mini comes with the hardware it does, like heat, space, and noise.

I think they'll keep the same price. The price of the Mac mini is one of its strongest selling points. I wonder what's happened to Mac mini sells after the Intel announcement?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: