123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple releases Boot Camp 1.1.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Apple releases Boot Camp 1.1.1 Reply with quote

Apple releases Boot Camp 1.1.1
Thursday, September 14, 2006

Apple has released the Boot Camp 1.1.1 beta, an update to its beta technology that allows users to run Microsoft Windows on Intel-based Macs. According to Apple, the Boot Camp 1.1.1 beta contains many updates and is intended for all new and previous Boot Camp beta users.

Features include:
- Support for the latest Intel-based Macintosh computers
- Ability to install Windows XP on any internal disk
- Preset sizes for partitioning a disk for Windows
- Support for iSight cameras
- Apple Keyboard Support
- Improved 802.11 wireless for Mac mini
- Support for 802.11 wireless connectivity in Japan and Korea

Bug fixes include:
- Optical LED for audio out no longer stays on when not in use
- Audio no longer plays on internal speakers when headphones or external speakers are plugged in
- Notebook Macintosh computers running Windows XP now go to sleep when idle
- Internal microphone now works on MacBook computers using Windows XP
- Date and time stay in sync when running Windows

Apple notes while users do not need to partition their hard drive again, it is very important to update the Boot Camp Assistant software, create a new Macintosh Drivers for Windows CD and install the updated software it contains on Windows XP.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/530.html
bsnoel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeeeet!!!
MacScout67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Apple releases Boot Camp 1.1.1 Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Date and time stay in sync when running Windows

The time still doesn't sync when I switch to Windows from OS X. It will correct when I switch from Windows to OS X. Can anyone confirm this?
qrayg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My clock issues were fixed with the last Boot Camp release. My mini has the time synced.
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get around to upgrading on the kids mini. Haven't upgraded BootCamp at all since the original release. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Improved 802.11 wireless for Mac mini

I wonder what that's all about? I'm not running Boot Camp anymore, but I never had any issues with reception in Windows. I might take another look at Boot Camp when Vista and Leopard come out. But I'd still like to see Apple dump Boot Camp for some form of built-in virtualization in Leopard.

iMav wrote:
I need to get around to upgrading on the kids mini. Haven't upgraded BootCamp at all since the original release.

Actually, the first release of Boot Camp seemed pretty stable to me. The clock not syncing up and internal speaker stay on were the only quirky little things that bothered me.
MacWaffler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BootCamp was one of my justifications for buying an Intel Mac but I have yet to install it, one of these days I suppose I will.

I have no idea where I'm going, but I'm making great time...
macminimuck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only disappointment is the Keyboard update. I wish they'd get the eject button and volume controls to work, and the numpad updates are still very limited in function.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: