123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Unveils New iPod nano
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it's not the best place in the world to work. Here's a great blog written by a former Genius Bar worker:

http://ungeni.us/

Retail is retail, after all--working retail and making irate customers happy is a tough way to earn a living.

I've heard that bit about Apple employees not being able to post, blog, etc. about Apple. I can't say I blame them, honestly. Secrecy is part of their corporate personality, and if you don't like the rules you don't have to take the job.

Smile

Jamie
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMav wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
There is a disclosure thing when you work there. You can't even post anything about Apple while working for them. I wouldn't even be able to post on this site. If you do post, if somehow they found out... you are instantly fired (at locations that allow it...Cali would be a 2-week notice)...

If true, that is ridiculous.
No it is true. I applied for a job with Apple before. I made it all the way to the last interview, when I was passed up by someone who had no experience, but was 30 years older than me.
They told me flat out.. if you participate in any discussion about Apple.. on the internet.. outside of work.. about practices, products, any key information or even any speculation about future produtcs. Your position would be immediately terminated.

There is also reports of how the actual Apple HQ is strict also. That Jobs likes to keep a very tight leash on all of his employees. And if he doesn't like you... well you are gone within the month..
There was a report of this.. by several higher position ex-Apple employees. There was some of it in a history of Apple book I had.

But I definitely can confirm the first paragraph.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think any of us thinks Apple are really a cuddly and friendly company do we? No matter how much we like thier products. Especially after the sweatshop iPod nano revelations and their little deal with Nike! But hey I can say all this cos I don't work for em! Wink
22" Samsung T220
Apple Keyboard
4GB iPod nano
Brian
News Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iFixit sent me a press release tonight about their new disassembly guide for the 2G iPod nano. I wanted to share the link with everyone.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod/iPod-Nano-Remastered/Complete-Disassembly-Page-1-Complete-Disassembly
diulei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam, the black one is sexxxxy. And you get twice the HD space, unlike the BlackBook which is unnecessarily pricey.

Hm, Sansa or iPod? This will be a tough one.

When did iPods stop coming with CDs? The last one I bought was a Mini. I couldn't justify spending more money when mine was working perfectly...but my battery is starting to die which enough justification to get a new one Twisted Evil Very Happy
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
iFixit sent me a press release tonight about their new disassembly guide for the 2G iPod nano. I wanted to share the link with everyone.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod/iPod-Nano-Remastered/Complete-Disassembly-Page-1-Complete-Disassembly
Almost looks like a regular slim cell phone battery...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diulei wrote:
The black one is sexxxxy.

It sure is. That shot from the back looks excellent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: