123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logitech unveils Revolution MX and VX wireless mice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Logitech unveils Revolution MX and VX wireless mice Reply with quote

Logitech unveils Revolution MX and VX wireless mice
Thursday, August 24, 2006

You say you want a revolution? Logitech today launched its MX Revolution and VX Revolution wireless mice. Both models feature hyper-fast scrolling with a revolutionary alloy wheel - the MicroGear Precision Scroll Wheel - that spins freely for up to seven seconds, spanning hundreds of pages with a single flick of the finger and setting a new benchmark in scrolling efficiency.

The Logitech MX Revolution mouse includes an intelligent twist to the MicroGear Precision Scroll Wheel: The motorized wheel automatically switches between free-spin mode and click-to-click mode, with Logitech's SmartShift technology, based on the best setting for the application being used. In some applications, such as Microsoft Excel, Logitech's technology also senses the speed at which people spin the wheel - if spun rapidly, the wheel goes into free-spin mode; if spun slowly, the wheel shifts into click-to-click mode. Users can also toggle manually between modes - by pushing down and clicking the wheel. And settings for the wheel and for all of the mouse's seven buttons can be customized for individual preferences within the included Logitech SetPoint software or with Logitech Control Center software for Mac, available via download.

The MX Revolution also features a second wheel near the thumb that can either be used to zoom in and out of photos and documents, or to quickly switch between applications, furthering navigational efficiency. The Logitech MX Revolution mouse has a suggested retail price of $99.99.

Designed for notebook users who want the very best in a mouse, the Logitech VX Revolution mouse balances portability and comfort. It's smaller in size than the MX Revolution mouse and includes a slot to store the 2.4 GHz micro-receiver, making it more portable. And its ergonomic design, rubber-lined thumb grip and slightly concave key plates make it highly comfortable to use.

The base of the mouse features a switch that can shift the MicroGear Precision Scroll Wheel from free-spin mode to click-to-click mode. The mouse also includes a zoom slider that makes it easy to zoom in and out of open documents and photos. The Logitech VX Revolution mouse has a suggested retail price of $79.99.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/518.html

Last edited by admin on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.
I've always had a thing for black electronics and accessories... Very Happy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MX looks pretty cool! The side scroll wheel could really come in handy. But I have to say that I was really disappointed with the latest version of the Logitech Control Center. It had some strange acceleration characteristics that I didn't care for. I've since upgraded my Logitech mouse to the RadTech BT600.
zen.state

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have the MX1000 and love it so much. The VX Revolution looks sorta like it but more modern. I love how it it curves into my thumb most of all.

You can never go wrong with a Logitech mouse.
Tenex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you need it to spin for 7 seconds? Slow internet connection maybe Wink

& a PPC Mini bought for my Mother
CubeParts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been out of town for a couple of days so I didn't see this post until just now. Doesn't it figure that earlier today I ordered a Logitech V270 Cordless Optical Bluetooth Mouse for my PowerBook G4 (you know, the laptop with the exploding battery). Oh well, $99 is pretty steep for a mouse anyway.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's a mouse Smile

It's pretty incredible how far mice have come. Most people probably won't use all those features so it may be difficult to justify the cost.

With all of those mechanical parts, one has to begin to question the build quality. Hopefully these things are built to last.
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy, but I'm not a big fan of overly ergonomic mice. I like something that is more rounded and even on both sides.
2 x 20" Apple Cinemas
http://www.hawaiimacnuts.org
zen.state

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGN wrote:
Call me crazy, but I'm not a big fan of overly ergonomic mice. I like something that is more rounded and even on both sides.

you're crazy Smile
Juan Ker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at that price I would expect it to make my breakfast Laughing

or am I just a cheap b*stard Rolling Eyes
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw these the other night at Staples. Their scroll wheels really do spin like a mofo! The smaller one for notebooks felt really nice in my hand. I think they had them on sale for like $79 and $59.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: