123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Mac Mini Kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: The Mac Mini Kit Reply with quote

The Mac Mini Kit
Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Here's an interesting Mac mini setup that must have slipped through the cracks. Andy Franck's Mini Kit is a portable Mac mini workstation for photography that is housed in what looks to be a rugged case. It's similar to Erwin's Mac mini suitcase, but with a built-in Apple Cinema Display, display hood and desktop to work on. The case also has a cutout slot, so you can load media into the Mac mini's optical drive. Overall, it looks to be an interesting idea for the person who wants to bring a full-size display, keyboard and mouse along for the ride.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/521.html

Last edited by admin on Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat idea for transport; there are a lot of imaginative people out there who own Minis. But in the original picture, the setup looks more like a BBQ than a computer. Very Happy
johnodd4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS ROCKS

i love this design it is awesome now if someone would only sell this in a kit i would buy one in a minute

i love this idea for photography really awesome job
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnodd4 wrote:
THIS ROCKS

i love this design it is awesome now if someone would only sell this in a kit i would buy one in a minute

i love this idea for photography really awesome job

Buy a Pelican case and cut a few holes in it. Take the stand off of a Cinema display. I'm not trying to discredit the design, but it is rather simple to duplicate (in essence making it a good design).
heulenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Why bother with a mini? Reply with quote

I know its a sacreligious thing to say in this forum but why bother with a mini? With a case that big you could fit a Mac Pro Wink
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Why bother with a mini? Reply with quote

heulenwolf wrote:
I know its a sacreligious thing to say in this forum but why bother with a mini? With a case that big you could fit a Mac Pro Wink

Mac Pro? Start planning for your hernia operation! Laughing

I give these people a lot of credit their Mac mini mods/projects/hacks or whatever you want to call them. But at some point, you need to start asking yourself, wouldn't a 15" or 17" MacBook Pro just make more sense.
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: