123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Griffin ships FireWave
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CubeParts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory Cooper wrote:
Only the current Intel mini has optical out...the G4 mini is only analog.

C

This is a bit off-topic, but is there a way to connect my Core Duo's optical digital audio output (minijack) to my receiver, which has two digital inputs -- one digital coaxial terminal and one digital optical terminal? I would love to run the Mini through my surround sound system but have never figured out how to do this. Or, if I need a different (new) receiver, what should I look for in terms of inputs in order to accommodate the Mini's optical digital audio output? Thanks in advance for any advice.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/3.RSLID?mco=D1AC5602&nplm=TA968LL%2FA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/3.RSLID?mco=D1AC5602&nplm=TA968LL%2FA

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. Has anyone had any experience with the Belkin PureAV Digital Optical Audio Cable with Mini-Toslink Adapter? From what I have read since seeing your reply, it seems to have received positive reviews. For others who want to read more about this, check out this story.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I did was get a regular optical toslink cable. Roughly about 12 feet in length. And you can buy one of these usually at RadioShack....
http://www.national-tech.com/popupspecs/30f2-71200.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: