123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a white or silver monitor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmativeSound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Looking for a white or silver monitor Reply with quote

I will be getting my mini soon and I really want to get a white or silver colored flat panel monitor to match it. Does anyone know any nice dvi flat panels that would match?

If I can't find a nice white or silver one I am going to just buy a dell. They seem nice for the price.

Can't wait for July
certsoft

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: VG910S Reply with quote

I bought a ViewSonic VG910s shortly before I bought the Mini. The VG910s is silver while the VG910b is black. Works fine with mini, I connect the mini using DVI and the PC using VGA.
Gary Powers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a white or silver monitor Reply with quote

AmativeSound wrote:
I will be getting my mini soon and I really want to get a white or silver colored flat panel monitor to match it. Does anyone know any nice dvi flat panels that would match?

If I can't find a nice white or silver one I am going to just buy a dell. They seem nice for the price.

I've got an HP f1905 19" LCD and it not only functions well, but complements the mini. I also appreciate the vertical adjustment it permits.

gary
AmativeSound

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out the HP and I would have to agree that it really compliments the mini. And it's not that pricy either. I'll have to see if I can find a place around here that carries one so I can check it out.

Thanks Gary Powers and certsoft!

Can't wait for July
itsupikiookami

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: When I can afford it... Reply with quote

...I plan on buying a Samsung 172X-Silver. Granted, it's only a 17" monitor, but with 12ms (avg) response time it's tough to beat! Not only that, but it also has a very thin bezel.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple 20" Cinema Display
Kamrul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was initially looking to get the Samsung 173P, which I think is a perfect design match for the Mini. But at the time (about two months ago), it didn't have software controls for the Mac. The monitor only has an on/off switch and Mac users couldn't adjust things like brightness unless they happened to have a PC with which to set it up. Samsung might have come out with software for the Mac since then.
I also checked out a demo of the Sony HDM-HS75P, which looked very good but the silver version was taking six weeks to order. Anyway, I ended up with the Samsung 172X, which has on-board controls, and works fine.
If you're looking for a 19/20-inch, I agree with the previous poster about the Apple Cinema Display. Apple dropped its prices about a week after I bought my Samsung. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of getting one.
MacAttack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMV CT-520D 15 in. White and Silver $168

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824024004
wyzard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a Westinghouse 17" Widescreen from my local Best Buy. DVI input and matches the mini perfectly. Hooked it up tonight... Mini recognized it and it's ready to go. Really nice!!
ninjamini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyzard wrote:
I just picked up a Westinghouse 17" Widescreen from my local Best Buy. DVI input and matches the mini perfectly. Hooked it up tonight... Mini recognized it and it's ready to go. Really nice!!

I saw that westinghouse today. It looks nice. Better than I would have thought.
wyzard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised myself at how good it looked. My first thought was.... Westinghouse?!?!

But I've had it hooked up for a couple of days now and I'm really very, very happy with it.
ninjamini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets see a pic.
nthe10ring

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Westinghouse Reply with quote

I was over at Best Buy yesterday and they had one of those set up with a Mini. I played with it a while and seemed pretty nice especially for the price. Anyone have any experience with this monitor? I'm contemplating a Mini purchase this month and might be interested in the monitor to compliment it , if the specs are up to par.

nthe10ring
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the most beautiful monitor I have ever seen, with incredible specs takes a look at my web page.
http://homepage.mac.com/banditbill/193P_Plus/PhotoAlbum23.html
You can pick one up at Best Buy. It was designed to go with a Mac. I ended up returning it because it is 4:3 not 16:9 aspect ratio. I often wonder if I made a mistake. The 20" Cinema Display is 30% more money with much lower specs.
wyzard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the Westinghouse for about 2 weeks now. So far it's been a great monitor.... Had to turn the brightness done a little as out of the box it was really bright....

It does have built in speakers, which I'm using, but they aren't the greatest (what monitor speakers are)... plan on going out this weekend and getting some JBL Creature II speakers...

Good luck with your choice...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: